Secure Computing Sidewinder - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Secure Computing Sidewinder - Firewalls ; I wondered if anyone had any experience of these and how it compares to Microsoft ISA Server 2006. I appreciate they're slightly different beasts, long story short we're currently using ISA Server but have to replace the server hardware so ...

  1. Secure Computing Sidewinder

    I wondered if anyone had any experience of these and how it compares to
    Microsoft ISA Server 2006.

    I appreciate they're slightly different beasts, long story short we're
    currently using ISA Server but have to replace the server hardware so
    I'm taking the chance to look at alternatives.

  2. Re: Secure Computing Sidewinder

    On Jun 7, 2:52*pm, Usenet wrote:
    > I wondered if anyone had any experience of these and how it compares to
    > Microsoft ISA Server 2006.
    >
    > I appreciate they're slightly different beasts, long story short we're
    > currently using ISA Server but have to replace the server hardware so
    > I'm taking the chance to look at alternatives.

    Secure Computing SideWinder is one of the best firewall i've seen ....
    much better than ISA

    check this link http://www.securecomputing.com/webform.cfm?id=134

    extremesecurity.blogspot.com

  3. Re: Secure Computing Sidewinder

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:08:52 -0700, XMACHINE wrote:

    > On Jun 7, 2:52*pm, Usenet wrote:
    >> I wondered if anyone had any experience of these and how it compares to
    >> Microsoft ISA Server 2006.
    >>
    >> I appreciate they're slightly different beasts, long story short we're
    >> currently using ISA Server but have to replace the server hardware so
    >> I'm taking the chance to look at alternatives.

    > Secure Computing SideWinder is one of the best firewall i've seen ....
    > much better than ISA
    >
    > check this link http://www.securecomputing.com/webform.cfm?id=134
    >

    > extremesecurity.blogspot.com

    I find the sidewinder questionable, I've not worked with it in great
    detail, However, I have had some experience with the 2150 and it
    repeatedly fell short and failed to stop actual and potential attack
    vectors.

+ Reply to Thread