From: firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com] On Behalf Of
Mike Davis
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:02 AM
To: 'firewall-wizards@listserv.icsalabs.com'
Subject: [fw-wiz] Cisco Security Manager clone?

=20

This is my first posting so be gentle ;-)

=20

I have an environment that is all Cisco based firewalls for my edge
protection and site to site vpns. I have a little over 100 remote sites
running on ASA 5505's with an AES Tunnel to both the primary (HQ) and
secondary (DR ) sites. It is working quite nicely and has been for
years now but the problem I have is this... all my remote site firewalls
are not centrally managed in the sense that I can make one change in a
console and push it globally to all my remote firewalls so that when a
change is required, I have to log into each and every one (I use SSH)
and make the changes.

I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the
100K pricetag I was quoted from Cisco with the blink of an eye... I just
cannot put that into my budget. =20

=20

Does anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware
application that will allow me to monitor and make global config changes
without having to SSH to each one? The ability to segregate into groups
and manage based upon groups would certainly be a plus as well but not a
requirement.

=20

Thanks in advance!

=20

Mike Davis

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8AC85.7164FED3

xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"
xmlns:ns1=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml">

charset=3Dus-ascii">

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Have you looked at fwbuilder? =
 Hosted
by Sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fwbuilder/ although I =
think
it looks more like Juniper’s NSM than CSM and runs on several =
flavors of
Linux and BSD.>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Thanks,>>

=

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>>

size=3D3
face=3D"Times New Roman"> style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman"'>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:
size=3D2
face=3DTahoma> =
firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com
Roman"> style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman"'>>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>This
is my first posting so be gentle ;-)>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>I
[...]

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Does
anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware =
application that
will allow me to monitor and make global config changes without having =
to SSH
to each one?  The ability to segregate into groups and manage based =
upon
groups would certainly be a plus as well but not a =
requirement.>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Thanks
in advance!>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>>

face=3DCalibri> style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:black;font-weight:bold'>Mike =
Davis>>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C8AC85.7164FED3--