Hi Mike,

Not so much for monitoring as you're suggesting, but if all you want
is to push configurations to all your devices, then Kiwi CatTools
works well. Not free for that amount of devices, but very cheap.

If monitoring is what you want, then for a lot less than the $100K you
were quoted, maybe a MARS device is what you need. I have a MARS 50
and it handles all kinds of traffic with no problem.

If, on the other hand you want to monitor only availability, then
OpenNMS or Zabbix might do the trick for you (or even Nagios, like I
use).

HTH.

Regards,

Alex.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Mike Davis wrote:

> This is my first posting so be gentle ;-)
>

> I have an environment that is all Cisco based firewalls for my edge
> protection and site to site vpns. I have a little over 100 remote sites
> running on ASA 5505's with an AES Tunnel to both the primary (HQ) and
> secondary (DR ) sites. It is working quite nicely and has been for years
> now but the problem I have is this=85 all my remote site firewalls are not
> centrally managed in the sense that I can make one change in a console and
> push it globally to all my remote firewalls so that when a change is
> required, I have to log into each and every one (I use SSH) and make the
> changes.
>
> I know that Cisco Security Manager will allow me to do that but at the 10=

0K
> pricetag I was quoted from Cisco with the blink of an eye=85 I just canno=

t put
> that into my budget.
>

> Does anyone know of or can recommend any freeware or low-cost-ware
> application that will allow me to monitor and make global config changes
> without having to SSH to each one? The ability to segregate into groups =

and