Thanks very much for your replies, its given me some useful information
on devices.

>If you're looking at running a consolidated SAN between a number of
>"limited" systems you've merely shifted your risk from IP/network to
>disk/SAN. Who's to say you couldn't get someone trying to elevate
>their level of access via the fiber-channel medium versus breaking
>through the Ethernet layer?

How serious is this? I haven't heard of too many. This would then
become an issue of the carrier security correct?

I assume then, that the encapsulation of a private channel through a
backbone is brought into question? I really wouldn't think to put this
kind of traffic through IPSec due to the overhead.

Other than that, I guess the theories for firewalling are the same
whether it be 100Mb or 10Gb - the device just needs to handle it.

Cheers.