--===============0540007685==

--0-1536681450-1208895423=:14042

Hey Guy,=0AI knew someone set it up before, thanks!=0AI wanted to check tha=
t it could be done before I recommended the solution to the tech.=A0 Knowin=
g it has been done successfully is good for now.=A0 =0ABut yes, I would pla=
n for using a shared secret.=0ABill Stout=0A=0A=0A----- Original Message --=
--=0AFrom: "Snyder, Guy" =0ATo: Firewall Wizards S=
ecurity Mailing List =0ACc: Bill =
Stout =0ASent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 7:57:55 AM=
=0ASubject: RE: [fw-wiz] IPSEC VPN: Sidewinder >-< Nortel compatible?=0A=0A=
=0AWe have had no issues with these 2 products communicating. =A0Can you pr=
ovide any details? =A0Are you using pre-shared keys?=0A=A0=0A-- Guy=0A-- IC=
SA Labs=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0AFr om:firewall-wizards-bo=
unces@listserv.cybertrust.com [mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.cyb=
ertrust.com] On Behalf Of Chris Myers=0ASent: Monday, April 21, 2008 11:08 =
PM=0ATo: Bill Stout; Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List=0ASubject: Re: =
[fw-wiz] IPSEC VPN: Sidewinder >-< Nortel compatible?=0A=A0=0ANo experience=
with these in particular. VPN's are no all created equal, but operate on t=
he same principle. Since you have two diff boxes, then make sure you create=
d the exact same Phase1 (IKE) Isakmp, blah, blah and Phase 2 SA IPSEC blah,=
blah (the blah, blah is for the particular devices lingo, hehe). and make =
sure that your timeouts and encryption domains (i.e. allowed networks/hosts=
) on each side are the same and you will be VPN =A0happy.=0A=A0=0AThank You=
,=0A=A0Chris Myers=0Aclmmacunix@charter.net=0A=A0=0AJohn 1:17=0AFor the Law=
was given through Moses;=A0grace=A0and truth were realized through Jesus C=
hrist. =A0=0A=A0=0A=0A=A0=A0 Go Vols!!!! =0A=A0=0AOn Apr 21, 2008, at 10:27=
AM, Bill Stout wrote:=0A=0A=0A=0AHello,=0A=A0=0A=A0=0AHas experience out t=
here in creating an IPSEC VPN between a SCC Sidewinder and a Nortel VPN app=
liance?=0A=A0=0AAnyone know if=A0they are=A0compatible?=0A=A0=0ABill Stout=
ng list=0Afirewall-wizards@listserv.icsalabs.com=0Ahttps://listserv.icsalab=
s.com/mailman/listinfo/firewall-wizards
--0-1536681450-1208895423=:14042

Hey Guy,

I knew someone set it up before, thanks!

I wanted to check that it could be done before I recommended the solution to the tech.  Knowing it has been done successfully is good for now.

But yes, I would plan for using a shared secret.

Bill Stout