Newest Proxies - April 23 - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Newest Proxies - April 23 - Firewalls ; http://groups.google.com/group/daily_ip http://www.assban.com http://www.aplusproxy.com http://www.btwproxy.com http://www.afastway.com http://www.myspaceproxyindex.com...

  1. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    In article <98cc8ccc-7ba1-482a-a359-
    ebaeae2f378f@t12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, jimonight@gmail.com says...
    > http://groups.google.com/group/daily_ip
    > http://www.assban.com
    > http://www.aplusproxy.com
    > http://www.btwproxy.com
    > http://www.afastway.com
    > http://www.myspaceproxyindex.com

    None of them work from any of my networks or customers network, and we
    didn't have to do anything to block them....

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  2. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.227959b7aea8024c98970d@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article <98cc8ccc-7ba1-482a-a359-
    > ebaeae2f378f@t12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, jimonight@gmail.com says...
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/daily_ip
    >> http://www.assban.com
    >> http://www.aplusproxy.com
    >> http://www.btwproxy.com
    >> http://www.afastway.com
    >> http://www.myspaceproxyindex.com

    > None of them work from any of my networks or customers network, and we
    > didn't have to do anything to block them....

    Most businesses are reliant on commercial filtering products that will
    not have these proxies in their filter lists for a few days. That is what
    one guy hawking 8e6's proxy dectector says. He says that without
    his product on your network, you are NEVER going to keep up
    with the flood of new php, cgi, and other public proxies appearing
    on the net every day.

    This is why I see traffic to my web sites coming from different proxies
    every day. Existing proxies are blocked, and new ones come in to
    take their place.
    ..

  3. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    Chilly8 wrote:

    > Most businesses are reliant on commercial filtering products that will
    > not have these proxies in their filter lists for a few days. That is what
    > one guy hawking 8e6's proxy dectector says. He says that without
    > his product on your network, you are NEVER going to keep up
    > with the flood of new php, cgi, and other public proxies appearing
    > on the net every day.
    >
    > This is why I see traffic to my web sites coming from different proxies
    > every day. Existing proxies are blocked, and new ones come in to
    > take their place.

    Hey idiot, it's called "whitelist"...

  4. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > Existing proxies are blocked, and new ones come in to
    > take their place.

    And on a properly secured network no proxies are available, not new
    ones, not old ones, not any, on a properly secured network. No
    additional work is needed to block access to them as more are made, it's
    blocked by default on properly secured networks.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  5. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    Chilly8 wrote, On 23/04/08 21:45:

    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.227959b7aea8024c98970d@adfree.usenet.com. ..

    >> None of them work from any of my networks or customers network, and we
    >> didn't have to do anything to block them....

    > Most businesses are reliant on commercial filtering products that will
    > not have these proxies in their filter lists for a few days. That is what
    > one guy hawking 8e6's proxy dectector says. He says that without
    > his product on your network, you are NEVER going to keep up
    > with the flood of new php, cgi, and other public proxies appearing
    > on the net every day.

    Even on the cheapo Draytek Vigor 2950 load balancer all I had to do was
    check the box to say we were using a URL white list and people could
    *only* access the web sites we had explicitly allowed and then there was
    no need to update it to block the new proxies. Oh, and I also check the
    box telling it to forbid browsing by IP address.

    Alternatively if I want to filter based on site categorisations I tell
    it to block sites which are not categorised.

    This is with a *cheap* device I can set it up in 5 minutes so that it
    *never* needs updating to block new proxies since it does not allow
    people to access anything they are not explicitly allowed to access.

    With higher end devices I can do a lot more or exactly the same thing.

    > This is why I see traffic to my web sites coming from different proxies
    > every day. Existing proxies are blocked, and new ones come in to
    > take their place.

    Doesn't help with companies where the admin chooses to do things
    properly. It only works from some places because the people running the
    networks don't do things properly.
    --
    Flash Gordon

  6. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    Flash Gordon wrote:

    > Even on the cheapo Draytek Vigor 2950 load balancer all I had to do was
    > check the box to say we were using a URL white list and people could
    > *only* access the web sites we had explicitly allowed and then there was
    > no need to update it to block the new proxies. Oh, and I also check the
    > box telling it to forbid browsing by IP address.

    I hope you made sure that all clients only use HTTP 1.1 or you force PROXY
    CONNECT or a Socks proxy onto them. At any rate, resolving hostnames to IP
    addresses on a regular basis shouldn't be that hard either.

    > This is with a *cheap* device I can set it up in 5 minutes so that it
    > *never* needs updating to block new proxies since it does not allow
    > people to access anything they are not explicitly allowed to access.

    Your argument still fails to address Chilly8's pure denial of reality. But
    don't mind, I don't think there's any way to do this.

  7. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    "Sebastian G." wrote in message
    > Chilly8 wrote:
    >

    >> Most businesses are reliant on commercial filtering products that will
    >> not have these proxies in their filter lists for a few days. That is what
    >> one guy hawking 8e6's proxy dectector says. He says that without
    >> his product on your network, you are NEVER going to keep up
    >> with the flood of new php, cgi, and other public proxies appearing
    >> on the net every day.
    >>
    >> This is why I see traffic to my web sites coming from different proxies
    >> every day. Existing proxies are blocked, and new ones come in to
    >> take their place.

    > Hey idiot, it's called "whitelist"...

    Whitelisting, however, requires expensive, and I mean EXPENSIVE
    filtering software. CyBlock can do whitelisting, but it is the ONLY
    product on the market that makes whitelisting feasible.

  8. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    Chilly8 wrote, On 24/04/08 06:16:

    > "Sebastian G." wrote in message
    >> Chilly8 wrote:
    >>

    >>> Most businesses are reliant on commercial filtering products that will
    >>> not have these proxies in their filter lists for a few days. That is what
    >>> one guy hawking 8e6's proxy dectector says. He says that without
    >>> his product on your network, you are NEVER going to keep up
    >>> with the flood of new php, cgi, and other public proxies appearing
    >>> on the net every day.
    >>>
    >>> This is why I see traffic to my web sites coming from different proxies
    >>> every day. Existing proxies are blocked, and new ones come in to
    >>> take their place.

    >> Hey idiot, it's called "whitelist"...

    > Whitelisting, however, requires expensive, and I mean EXPENSIVE
    > filtering software. CyBlock can do whitelisting, but it is the ONLY
    > product on the market that makes whitelisting feasible.

    No it does NOT require expensive filtering software. My 100UKP home
    router can do it for me. The cheap (in company terms) router used by my
    company for our small office can do it. The proxy that is available for
    free for Linux (which your free Linux firewall can redirect all the
    connections from your Windows PCs to) can do it (and, indeed, it is what
    a number of companies *do* use for free).

    For wone example of a *cheap* router doing whitelisting see
    http://www.draytek.com/product/Dual_...Vigor2910i.php
    I think all of the Draytek routers do it, even the ones that cost far
    less than this.

    Of course, you have been told about all the other SW that allows
    whitelisting before.
    --
    Flash Gordon

  9. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    Sebastian G. wrote, On 24/04/08 00:09:
    > Flash Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> Even on the cheapo Draytek Vigor 2950 load balancer all I had to do
    >> was check the box to say we were using a URL white list and people
    >> could *only* access the web sites we had explicitly allowed and then
    >> there was no need to update it to block the new proxies. Oh, and I
    >> also check the box telling it to forbid browsing by IP address.

    > I hope you made sure that all clients only use HTTP 1.1 or you force
    > PROXY CONNECT or a Socks proxy onto them. At any rate, resolving
    > hostnames to IP addresses on a regular basis shouldn't be that hard either.

    The client machines are pretty well locked down and the user community
    is pretty ignorant.

    Also the manager often looks over peoples shoulders or remote connects
    to their desktops to see what they are doing (especially when he is not
    in the office). Not an environment I would like to work in, but I only
    provide them with the odd bit of IT support.

    Another thing that Chilly won't believe is that a lot of my companies
    customers have there networks locked down so well we have to use our 3g
    cards to access our email and when we manage to sell them our hosted
    services we have to tell them the relevant IP addresses so that
    appropriate holes can be opened in their firewalls (this even applies to
    small companies).

    >> This is with a *cheap* device I can set it up in 5 minutes so that it
    >> *never* needs updating to block new proxies since it does not allow
    >> people to access anything they are not explicitly allowed to access.

    > Your argument still fails to address Chilly8's pure denial of reality.
    > But don't mind, I don't think there's any way to do this.

    True, very true.
    --
    Flash Gordon

  10. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    "Chilly8" wrote in message

    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.227959b7aea8024c98970d@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    >> In article <98cc8ccc-7ba1-482a-a359-
    >> ebaeae2f378f@t12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, jimonight@gmail.com says...
    >>> http://groups.google.com/group/daily_ip
    >>> http://www.assban.com
    >>> http://www.aplusproxy.com
    >>> http://www.btwproxy.com
    >>> http://www.afastway.com
    >>> http://www.myspaceproxyindex.com

    >> None of them work from any of my networks or customers network, and we
    >> didn't have to do anything to block them....

    > Most businesses are reliant on commercial filtering products that will
    > not have these proxies in their filter lists for a few days. That is what
    > one guy hawking 8e6's proxy dectector says. He says that without
    > his product on your network, you are NEVER going to keep up
    > with the flood of new php, cgi, and other public proxies appearing
    > on the net every day.
    >
    > This is why I see traffic to my web sites coming from different proxies
    > every day. Existing proxies are blocked, and new ones come in to
    > take their place.

    I have a couple of other producers that have approached me about
    adding their shows to the station lineup, becusae they know I will
    do everything I can, to make sure their shows are heard
    ANYWHERE, including at work. There is another '80s show
    that has approached me about airing their program, as well
    as a show that features '70s and early '80s disco music.

    I also have one producer, in Shenzen China, wanting to put
    his program of "Canto-Pop" music on my station, targeting
    Chinese expats in countries like Australia, Britain, and the
    United States.

    My reputation of doing everything possible to foil filtering
    and blocking is starting to become well-known.

  11. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    If you have any large number of Asian/Chinese workers, get
    ready for a lot of them attempting to listen to a new
    "Canto-Pop" program that will be premiering my the station
    soon. We just inked the deal for a program of Chinese-pop
    hits, coming from Shenzen, China, to begin airing, as early
    as this week. We still have to get the broadcast schedule
    finalised, but we will soon be airing a program of "Canto-pop"
    hits, aimed at Chinese, Taiwan, Macau, and Hong Kong
    expats in Britain, Canada, and the USA, and it will be airing
    during woking hours, most likely, on the U.S. west coast.

    I am sure that admins will be going ape***t when all their
    Asian workers start tuning into the show after it premieres
    on the station, especially with the 96K feed. That will give
    a few admins a headache.

    Given the air time, I am sure there will be Asian workers
    tuning in from the office, in Australia

    ..

  12. Re: Newest Proxies - April 23

    Chilly8 wrote, On 26/04/08 11:17:

    > I am sure that admins will be going ape***t when all their
    > Asian workers start tuning into the show after it premieres
    > on the station, especially with the 96K feed. That will give
    > a few admins a headache.

    Not at my company. Even if we could not easily use white lists so that
    there was no chance of connecting the hardware (even at the small office
    where we use cheap hardware) will tell us exactly which PC(s) is/are
    using up the bandwidth. So within 60 seconds of there being a problem I
    could tell the CEO who to discipline.

    > Given the air time, I am sure there will be Asian workers
    > tuning in from the office, in Australia

    People breaking rules is not news. People getting disciplined for
    breaking rules is also not news.
    --
    Flash Gordon

+ Reply to Thread