On Sunday 13 April 2008 23:18:21 shadow floating wrote:
> Hi guys,
> my company is having 2 leased lines internet connections and they were
> about to buy two routers to make them standby to each other, each with
> one of the internet connections, as they were discussing with some
> network consultant...he convinced them to reduce cost and put 2 wics
> in one router only each connected to the each internet connection
> instead of buying 2 routers....is that appropriate??
>
> thanks alot
>
> Nad

I have to agree with what Vladimir said. Two separate machines as
opposed to one with two interfaces is a much better idea. The rational is
supported by the fact that hardware does go bad on occasion, network
maintenance and upgrades are done with a lot less downtime, and you have a
greater degree of control over your leased lines and what they are carrying
(load balancing).
So the answer from me would be no, it is not a good idea.

most sincerely, Richard Golodner