Any Honeypot Applications for Windows? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Any Honeypot Applications for Windows? - Firewalls ; Does anyone make a honeypot application that runs on Windows that would open up some ports and run fake services on them, in order to just record what kinds of information someone probing those ports is looking for? -- Will...

  1. Any Honeypot Applications for Windows?

    --
    Will

  2. Re: Any Honeypot Applications for Windows?

    Will wrote in :

    >Does anyone make a honeypot application that runs on Windows that would open
    >up some ports and run fake services on them, in order to just record what
    >kinds of information someone probing those ports is looking for?

    Doesn't it do that out-of-the-box? I guess not the recording part.

    --
    Harry

  3. Re: Any Honeypot Applications for Windows?

    "Will" wrote in
    news:SImdncQoq8t5invanZ2dnUVZ_h2pnZ2d@giganews.com :

    > Does anyone make a honeypot application that runs on Windows that would
    > open up some ports and run fake services on them, in order to just
    > record what kinds of information someone probing those ports is looking
    > for?

    http://www.honeypots.net/honeypots/products shows some interesting ones.

    Google will find you some others also.

    --
    bz

    infinite set.

    bz+csm@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

  4. Re: Any Honeypot Applications for Windows?

    In comp.security.firewalls Will wrote:
    > Does anyone make a honeypot application that runs on Windows that would open
    > up some ports and run fake services on them, in order to just record what
    > kinds of information someone probing those ports is looking for?

    There is netcat on Windows, too.

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    The file name of an indirect node file is the string "iNode" immediately
    followed by the link reference converted to decimal text, with no leading

+ Reply to Thread