--===============1854523211==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C88AB8.4062D778

Hi All,

=20

There's talk in our org to directly interface one of our back-end
servers to provide web services for external entities via the Internet.
On the surface, this is a risky option for me. Although firewall
"protected", I don't want a "protected device" directly interacting with
web service "consumers" from the Internet. It sounds like a bad idea to
me.

I have been searching around looking for sample diagrams (etc) on
environments that support Web Services. I am trying to determine where
stuff goes in this environment and how a firewall/DMZ fit into the
picture. Can anyone point me to where info would be available for this?
I've checked the archives for the past year and checked at OASIS, W3C,
OWASP, and XML.com, with no luck. The "web services sites" focus on
coding practices, coding architecture, and coding frameworks. Although
very important, it's not the info I am looking for. We are trying to
determine how web services fit in our environment using best practices
in network design and network security to support web services.=20

=20

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C88AB8.4062D778

xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =
xmlns:x=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:excel" =
xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeowerpoint" =
xmlns:a=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:access" =
xmlns:dt=3D"uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" =
xmlns:s=3D"uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882" =
xmlns:rs=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset" xmlns:z=3D"#RowsetSchema" =
xmlns:b=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeublisher" =
xmlns:ss=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:spreadsheet" =
xmlns:c=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:component:spreadsheet" =
xmlnsa=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:activation" =
xmlns:html=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" =
xmlns:q=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns=3D"DAV:" =
xmlns:x2=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/excel/2003/xml" =
xmlnsis=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/ois/" =
xmlns:dir=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/directory/" =
xmlns:ds=3D"http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" =
xmlns:dsp=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/dsp" =
xmlns:udc=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc" =
xmlns:xsd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" =
xmlns:sub=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/2002/1/alerts/"=
xmlns:ec=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#" =
xmlns:sp=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/" =
xmlns:sps=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/" =
xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" =
xmlns:udcxf=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc/xmlfile" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Hi All,>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>There’s talk in our org to directly interface =
one of
our back-end servers to provide web services for external entities via =
the
Internet. On the surface, this is a risky option for me. Although =
firewall
“protected”, I don’t want a “protected =
device”
directly interacting with web service “consumers” from the
Internet. It sounds like a bad idea to me.>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I have been searching around looking for sample =
[...]

font-family:Arial'>Any help would be greatly appreciated. =
TIA!>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C88AB8.4062D778--