Hi Everyone

I noticed something's not right in a particular
firewall config file. I do not understand why LAN is
configured as Untrusted and External (WAN) as Trusted.
I brought this up as a security concern to one of my
colleague, our senior technical guru. He told me that
things are configured this way because there is a
hardware limitation with the old watchguard firebox
700. At that time, when they tried to configure LAN as
Trusted and External as Untrusted, they found out that
network traffic from Untrusted to Trusted cannot flow
through.

I would like to know if others have encountered the
same experience so that I can determine if what he
said is really true..

-JC