Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies! - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies! - Firewalls ; In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says... > Not me, I would not be in danger. A local person, maybe, but not me, > as a foreigner. You are bound by the laws of any country you are in - so, if ...

  1. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > Not me, I would not be in danger. A local person, maybe, but not me,
    > as a foreigner.

    You are bound by the laws of any country you are in - so, if you are in
    China breaking their laws you would be liable.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  2. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.2268366eb3fad2159896bb@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> Not me, I would not be in danger. A local person, maybe, but not me,
    >> as a foreigner.

    > You are bound by the laws of any country you are in - so, if you are in
    > China breaking their laws you would be liable.

    However, when I go to Cuba, being a USA/Australia dual, I feel that
    I should not have to get a travel licence from the United States
    government, as long as I use my Australian passport. By running an
    outbound VPN connection to my server, from Cuba, the United
    States government. This way, the USA would never know that I,
    as an American citizen, was in Cuba, in violation of the ban on
    travel to Cubn. All DHS would ever know was that someone was
    making a heavily encrypted outbound connection from Cuba, which,
    contrary to popular opinion, cannot be cracked, monitored, analysed,
    or sniffed by any spooks in America who may try and eavesdrop
    on it.

    I feel that since I live in Australia, that the United States regulatoins
    regarding travel to Cuba do not, and should not, apply to me, so
    by running an outbound VPN connection, when broadcasting from
    Cuba, the United States government would not know what was going
    on. All the spooks in the United States government will see is some
    heavily encrypted traffic coming out of Cuba, and that is ALL the
    authorities in America will know.

  3. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > However, when I go to Cuba, being a USA/Australia dual, I feel that
    > I should not have to get a travel licence from the United States
    > government, as long as I use my Australian passport. By running an
    > outbound VPN connection to my server, from Cuba, the United
    > States government. This way, the USA would never know that I,
    > as an American citizen, was in Cuba, in violation of the ban on
    > travel to Cubn. All DHS would ever know was that someone was
    > making a heavily encrypted outbound connection from Cuba, which,
    > contrary to popular opinion, cannot be cracked, monitored, analysed,
    > or sniffed by any spooks in America who may try and eavesdrop
    > on it.

    And you seem to miss the point - it doesn't matter WHAT IS "in" your
    tunnel, it's that it's easy to tell you've made it, where from/to, and
    track it to your location.

    You are exposed as another snake-oil salesman.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  4. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.2268437f67fb5dde9896be@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> However, when I go to Cuba, being a USA/Australia dual, I feel that
    >> I should not have to get a travel licence from the United States
    >> government, as long as I use my Australian passport. By running an
    >> outbound VPN connection to my server, from Cuba, the United
    >> States government. This way, the USA would never know that I,
    >> as an American citizen, was in Cuba, in violation of the ban on
    >> travel to Cubn. All DHS would ever know was that someone was
    >> making a heavily encrypted outbound connection from Cuba, which,
    >> contrary to popular opinion, cannot be cracked, monitored, analysed,
    >> or sniffed by any spooks in America who may try and eavesdrop
    >> on it.

    > And you seem to miss the point - it doesn't matter WHAT IS "in" your
    > tunnel, it's that it's easy to tell you've made it, where from/to, and
    > track it to your location.

    However, as far as the travelr restrictions go, there is nothing that
    DHS or OFAC could ever gather in the way of evidence, since
    the outbound transmission from Cuba, so there is nothing usable
    against me that the United States government could ever gather,
    as far as any violations of the travel restrictions on Cuba go.

    All they would know is that the transmission is going to an IP
    in France, where my server is, and a computer is France is
    NOT SUBJECT to ANY United States laws, and the contents
    of said computer is not subject to the jurisdiction of ANY
    United States court.

    And I foil the U.S. government even more by using any unsecured
    WiFi access point close to the arena or stadium. The spooks in
    the United States government would know that something was
    coming from a WiFi access point in Cuba, so there is NOTHING
    the United States government could ever trace to me. I scrub
    my hard drives with Evidence Eliminator, before attempting to take
    any computer equipment that has been in Cuba, through U.S.
    Customs, so that if Customs/DHS decides to do a forensic examination
    on any of the station's equipment, they won't get anything.

    They would see the encrypted transmission eminating from a
    WiFi router in Cuba, but the United States government could
    not POSSIBLY find out WHO was using that link, if the
    transmission, outbound from that point, is heavily encrypted.

  5. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...

    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.2268437f67fb5dde9896be@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > >> However, when I go to Cuba, being a USA/Australia dual, I feel that
    > >> I should not have to get a travel licence from the United States
    > >> government, as long as I use my Australian passport. By running an
    > >> outbound VPN connection to my server, from Cuba, the United
    > >> States government. This way, the USA would never know that I,
    > >> as an American citizen, was in Cuba, in violation of the ban on
    > >> travel to Cubn. All DHS would ever know was that someone was
    > >> making a heavily encrypted outbound connection from Cuba, which,
    > >> contrary to popular opinion, cannot be cracked, monitored, analysed,
    > >> or sniffed by any spooks in America who may try and eavesdrop
    > >> on it.

    > > And you seem to miss the point - it doesn't matter WHAT IS "in" your
    > > tunnel, it's that it's easy to tell you've made it, where from/to, and
    > > track it to your location.
    > >

    > However, as far as the travelr restrictions go, there is nothing that
    > DHS or OFAC could ever gather in the way of evidence, since
    > the outbound transmission from Cuba, so there is nothing usable
    > against me that the United States government could ever gather,
    > as far as any violations of the travel restrictions on Cuba go.
    >
    > All they would know is that the transmission is going to an IP
    > in France, where my server is, and a computer is France is
    > NOT SUBJECT to ANY United States laws, and the contents
    > of said computer is not subject to the jurisdiction of ANY
    > United States court.
    >
    > And I foil the U.S. government even more by using any unsecured
    > WiFi access point close to the arena or stadium. The spooks in
    > the United States government would know that something was
    > coming from a WiFi access point in Cuba, so there is NOTHING
    > the United States government could ever trace to me. I scrub
    > my hard drives with Evidence Eliminator, before attempting to take
    > any computer equipment that has been in Cuba, through U.S.
    > Customs, so that if Customs/DHS decides to do a forensic examination
    > on any of the station's equipment, they won't get anything.
    >
    > They would see the encrypted transmission eminating from a
    > WiFi router in Cuba, but the United States government could
    > not POSSIBLY find out WHO was using that link, if the
    > transmission, outbound from that point, is heavily encrypted.

    With every post you show yourself to be unethical and dishonest.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  6. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.226882b7cf133c1a9896c2@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >>

    >> "Leythos" wrote in message
    >> news:MPG.2268437f67fb5dde9896be@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    >> > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> >
    >> > And you seem to miss the point - it doesn't matter WHAT IS "in" your
    >> > tunnel, it's that it's easy to tell you've made it, where from/to, and
    >> > track it to your location.
    >> >

    >> However, as far as the travelr restrictions go, there is nothing that
    >> DHS or OFAC could ever gather in the way of evidence, since
    >> the outbound transmission from Cuba, so there is nothing usable
    >> against me that the United States government could ever gather,
    >> as far as any violations of the travel restrictions on Cuba go.
    >>
    >> All they would know is that the transmission is going to an IP
    >> in France, where my server is, and a computer is France is
    >> NOT SUBJECT to ANY United States laws, and the contents
    >> of said computer is not subject to the jurisdiction of ANY
    >> United States court.
    >>
    >> And I foil the U.S. government even more by using any unsecured
    >> WiFi access point close to the arena or stadium. The spooks in
    >> the United States government would know that something was
    >> coming from a WiFi access point in Cuba, so there is NOTHING
    >> the United States government could ever trace to me. I scrub
    >> my hard drives with Evidence Eliminator, before attempting to take
    >> any computer equipment that has been in Cuba, through U.S.
    >> Customs, so that if Customs/DHS decides to do a forensic examination
    >> on any of the station's equipment, they won't get anything.
    >>
    >> They would see the encrypted transmission eminating from a
    >> WiFi router in Cuba, but the United States government could
    >> not POSSIBLY find out WHO was using that link, if the
    >> transmission, outbound from that point, is heavily encrypted.

    > With every post you show yourself to be unethical and dishonest.

    However, in Cuba, like in many countries, it is ONLY illegal to
    use someone's WiFi router if you BREAK somebody's
    PASSWORD. Simply put, if its is out there, and not been
    secured, then it is PUBLIC in the eyes of the law, and LEGAL
    to use. It is the same in America and in Australia. Unless there
    is some kind of password on encryption system sayng "Keep
    Out!", then it is PUBLIC in the eyes of the law, and it is LEGAL
    for you to use it.

  7. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Chilly8" wrote in message

    Since starting a subscription 96K feed on my station, my listenership
    is going up again. And with three different proxy options, it allows people
    to be able to listen from work, with their destination being masked by
    my proxy. Users can either use my Tor gateway, using the normal
    high speed web proxy, or they can use the new subscription VPN
    service I put on my machine. I put the VPN service on, so that
    listeners can get my 96K live 365 feed from work.

    Since I added a LoudCity feed, which works better with proxies,
    I am getting a lot of the at-work listeners I lost when Live 365
    mucked with their system in August of last year. LoudCity
    stations can be listened to more easier with proxies, especially
    the phpProxy and CGI variety of proxies.

    I am pretty sure there are a few network admins that are
    wondering about the 96K outbound connections to strange
    addresses in places like Ukraine, where a lot of the phoProxy
    sites are.

  8. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > I am pretty sure there are a few network admins that are
    > wondering about the 96K outbound connections to strange
    > addresses in places like Ukraine, where a lot of the phoProxy
    > sites are.

    No, in fact, most Security admins won't be wondering as you won't have
    connections from their networks.

    The only time you'll get a connection from a business network is when
    the firewall has not properly been locked down.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  9. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Chilly8" wrote in news:ftmimc$n23$1@aioe.org:

    > However, in Cuba, like in many countries, it is ONLY illegal to
    > use someone's WiFi router if you BREAK somebody's
    > PASSWORD.

    Not true.
    http://www.crn.com/security/26806554
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/02...er_is_innocent
    /
    notice that the JURY found him innocent BECAUSE he was warning about the
    network being open.
    Had he been just USING the network without permission, he could have been
    in serious trouble.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/news/10138

    > Simply put, if its is out there, and not been
    > secured, then it is PUBLIC in the eyes of the law, and LEGAL
    > to use. It is the same in America and in Australia.

    and such news as "Singapore Teen Faces Three Years in Jail for Wireless
    Piggybacking"
    should tell you that your ideas of 'unprotected means open to public' is
    wrong.

    > Unless there
    > is some kind of password on encryption system sayng "Keep
    > Out!", then it is PUBLIC in the eyes of the law, and it is LEGAL
    > for you to use it.

    Keep it up and YOU will end up in gaol.

    --
    bz

    infinite set.

    bz+csm@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

  10. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Since you obviously won't stop feeding that troll: welcome to my
    killfile.

    *plonk*

    cu
    59cobalt
    --Mark Russinovich

  11. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "bz" wrote in message
    news:Xns9A7D587FDF73BWQAHBGMXSZHVspammote@130.39.1 98.139...
    > "Chilly8" wrote in news:ftmimc$n23$1@aioe.org:
    >
    >> However, in Cuba, like in many countries, it is ONLY illegal to
    >> use someone's WiFi router if you BREAK somebody's
    >> PASSWORD.

    > Not true.
    > http://www.crn.com/security/26806554
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/02...er_is_innocent
    >

    > notice that the JURY found him innocent BECAUSE he was warning about the
    > network being open.
    > Had he been just USING the network without permission, he could have been
    > in serious trouble.
    >
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/news/10138

    ..

    Well, if he had been using a Pringles can antenna, and been much
    further out, that would likely have never happend. As a smaller
    radio outlet, we out open WiFi hotspots, when broadcasting
    sporting events. So the open networks we use are quite a ways
    out, well beyond the normal 300 feet limit. A SuperCantenna
    can hit an unmodified WiFi hotspot. up to a mile away,
    even farther if the power output of the WiFi card has
    been increased.

    Since we are quite a ways from any unsecured WiFi network
    that really does not matter. We use several wireless options. I hold
    an Australian flying licence, and a few days before an event
    begins and flying restrictions come into effect, I take a rented
    plane up and scan the area for unsecured wireless networks
    within 2 miles of the event venue. Our techno-geeks have
    installed amplifiers in the equipment to kick up both the send
    and receive, so, with a SuperCantenna, we can hit any open
    WiFi AP up to 2 miles away. We also do this because the
    walls inside an arena can hamper reception. From about
    1500 to 2000 feet above the level of the ground, lots
    of open APs can be found in about 20 minutes of
    scanning.

    I also saw one on Figure Skating Universe, at Trophee De
    France, back in 2005, that was reporedly doing this, and
    live blogging the event to FSU. Using a SuperCantenna,
    an modified WiFi card, with the power kicked way up
    on both send and receive, this person was live-blogging
    the event, until their battery ran down. Thats the one
    downside to kicking up the power, your batteries
    run down faster.

    This is why we have to run the equipment off a sroage battery that
    hooked to an inverter (it also solves the problem of differing
    Ac power aronnd th world). Our modified WiFi card puts out
    about 85 watts of effective radiated power, when the power
    amplification, and the SupeerCantenna are combined.

    >> Simply put, if its is out there, and not been
    >> secured, then it is PUBLIC in the eyes of the law, and LEGAL
    >> to use. It is the same in America and in Australia.

    > and such news as "Singapore Teen Faces Three Years in Jail for Wireless
    > Piggybacking"
    > should tell you that your ideas of 'unprotected means open to public' is
    > wrong.
    >

    >> Unless there
    >> is some kind of password on encryption system sayng "Keep
    >> Out!", then it is PUBLIC in the eyes of the law, and it is LEGAL
    >> for you to use it.

    > Keep it up and YOU will end up in gaol.

    That is why I use Evidence Eliminator, so there is nothing on
    the station's equipment that can be used to prosecute either me,
    or the radio station. As I said, I also use it after I have been in
    Cuba, so that the next time I travel to America, I won't get
    nicked for travelling to Cuba (despite living in Australia),
    without obtaining an OFAC licence. I chatted in my chat room
    with another USA/Australia dual national who does this with
    any computer equiipment he takes from Australia, on trips
    to Cuba. If it becomes necessary to change planes in the USA
    coming from Cuba, he scrubs the hard disks with Evidence
    Eliminator, before they are taken through U.S. Customs, so
    they will not be able to recover any evidence he was in
    Cuba, from off his hard disl, should U.S. Customs decide to
    do forensic examination of any of his computer eqiipment.
    He just simply scrubs the hard disks with EE, before he
    leaves Cuba, and when going through Customs at LAX,
    they don't get anything off his hard disk, if they decide to
    examine the machine.

  12. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Chilly8" wrote in news:ftoau0$kc8$1@aioe.org:

    > Well, if he had been using a Pringles can antenna, and been much
    > further out, that would likely have never happend. As a smaller
    > radio outlet, we out open WiFi hotspots, when broadcasting
    > sporting events. So the open networks we use are quite a ways
    > out, well beyond the normal 300 feet limit. A SuperCantenna
    > can hit an unmodified WiFi hotspot. up to a mile away,
    > even farther if the power output of the WiFi card has
    > been increased.

    .....[confessions to multiple crimes snipped].....

    The jails are full of people that thought they were smart enough to get
    away with 'it'. Each of them was sure that they had everything figured out.

    Most of them even got away with 'it', for a while.

    --
    bz

    infinite set.

    bz+csm@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

  13. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "bz" wrote in message
    news:Xns9A7D90FC19B5DWQAHBGMXSZHVspammote@130.39.1 98.139...
    > "Chilly8" wrote in news:ftoau0$kc8$1@aioe.org:

    >> Well, if he had been using a Pringles can antenna, and been much
    >> further out, that would likely have never happend. As a smaller
    >> radio outlet, we out open WiFi hotspots, when broadcasting
    >> sporting events. So the open networks we use are quite a ways
    >> out, well beyond the normal 300 feet limit. A SuperCantenna
    >> can hit an unmodified WiFi hotspot. up to a mile away,
    >> even farther if the power output of the WiFi card has
    >> been increased.

    > ....[confessions to multiple crimes snipped].....
    >
    > The jails are full of people that thought they were smart enough to get
    > away with 'it'. Each of them was sure that they had everything figured
    > out.
    >
    > Most of them even got away with 'it', for a while.

    Using a SuperCantenna, itself, is NOT illegal in ANY
    of the countries where we oftne broadcast figure skating
    events from during the northern winter. SuperCantennas
    are LEGAL in Australia, China, Cuba, France, Germany,
    England, Canada, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Finland, and the
    United States.

    Besides people's unsecured WiFi networks, we can also
    use WiFi networks at any Internet cafe that is within
    the extended range. We just simply find one, if it is
    close enough, and buy enough time to handle a days
    worth of coverage.

    When I scan for WiFi signals from an airplane flying
    around the area of the arena, I also scan for any
    Intenret cafes, coffee houses, or fast food outlets,
    even the local libarries hat might have WiFi as well.
    Thats the advantage of having an Australian flying
    licence, I can take an airplane up and scan the area.

    For Skate America, last sesaon, the local libary,
    and its WiFi hotspot was close enough to the area
    where our equipment, outfitted with a Super
    Cantenna, was able to use that. My scan for
    hotspots from an airplane picked that one up.
    And using an WiFi card, with an effective
    radidated power of 85 watts is LEGAL
    under both Pennsylvania state law, and
    US federal law. The one we use amplifies
    the signal to 5 watts, and then Cantenna
    boosts that to about 85 watts of effective
    radidated power (ERP). All I had to do was
    sign up for a library card, so that I could use the WiFi
    network. And such amplifiers are LEGAL, since you
    can BUY them online with ANY major credit card,
    and they will ship them to you, to any part of the world.
    no questions asked.

    And scanning for WiFi hotspots from an airplane
    is LEGAL, provided you follow all the other local
    laws, regarding operating an aircraft. Flying over
    the area at about 2000 feet above the level of
    the ground and scanning for both unsecurd WiFi
    hotspots as well as public hotspots from places like
    McDonalds, Borders, Kinkos, Starbucks, etc, etc,
    is LEGAL. In the United States, for example, as
    long as I followed Federal Aviation Adminstration
    (FAA) rules, scanning for WiFi hotspots from
    the air did NOT violate ANY federal laws, or
    those of the State Of Pennsylvania, when scanning
    for hotspots to use to broadcast Skate America.

    The ideal speed for scannig an area is about 100 to 120
    knots indicated airspeed (KIAS).

  14. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.22692766b1ef78679896c4@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> I am pretty sure there are a few network admins that are
    >> wondering about the 96K outbound connections to strange
    >> addresses in places like Ukraine, where a lot of the phoProxy
    >> sites are.

    > No, in fact, most Security admins won't be wondering as you won't have
    > connections from their networks.
    >
    > The only time you'll get a connection from a business network is when
    > the firewall has not properly been locked down.

    Speaking of China, I may soon be airing a musical programme aimed
    at ethnic Chinese communities in the United States, England, and
    Canada. One producer in Shenzen, China, is interested in running
    his show of "Canto-Pop" tunes on my station, becuase he KNOWS
    that I do everything POSSIBLE to make it heard in workplaces.
    This would give ethnic Chinese in places like London, San
    Francisco, Los Angeles, or in Vancover access to Chinese-
    language music programming for up to 2 hours a day while
    they are at work. The procuder has even set up his own
    public proxy server, in China, so that workplace firewalls
    can be circumvented. It will be a phoProxy, in encrypted
    mode, so the boss, where anyone is lstening, won't know
    what is happening

    So if you have any ethnic Chinese in your workplace, get ready
    for a lot of them listening to this Chinese-language music
    programme, once it does start airing on my station. Network
    admins will probably wonder what is going on when a whole
    bunch of encrypted connections to a strange proxy in China
    start showing up in the logs.

  15. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    > My scan for
    > hotspots from an airplane picked that one up.
    > And using an WiFi card, with an effective
    > radidated power of 85 watts is LEGAL
    > under both Pennsylvania state law, and
    > US federal law.

    Legalities aside: Do you want to transmit data or fry birds?

    We are allowed to operate at an ERP of 100mW (2,4GHz) resp. 500mW (5,4GHz) maximum.

    Or are you reading the decimal point wrongly?

    Cheers,
    Jens

  16. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Jens Hoffmann" wrote in message
    >> My scan for
    >> hotspots from an airplane picked that one up.
    >> And using an WiFi card, with an effective
    >> radidated power of 85 watts is LEGAL
    >> under both Pennsylvania state law, and
    >> US federal law.

    > Legalities aside: Do you want to transmit data or fry birds?

    "fry birds"? What is that crack supposed to mean?

    > We are allowed to operate at an ERP of 100mW (2,4GHz) resp. 500mW (5,4GHz)
    > maximum.
    >
    > Or are you reading the decimal point wrongly?

    There are 10w amplfiers, which, with a Cantenna, can boost
    the ERP quite a bit. Both the amplfiers and the Cantennas are
    LEGAL to buy, LEGAL to own, LEGAL to use, at least
    in the countries where I have used them. That's a 10W
    signal, BEFORE it goes into a Cantenna.

  17. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Hi,

    >> Legalities aside: Do you want to transmit data or fry birds?

    > "fry birds"? What is that crack supposed to mean?

    FCC in the US allows a maximum of 4W ERP.
    http://www.moonblinkwifi.com/dbm_to_watt_conversion.cfm
    http://www.topatec.com/pwr_db.htm

    The amount of energy you supposedly use is dangerous.

    I still think, you cannot calculate a pringles antenna correctly.

    Pretty consistent with the rest of your fantasies, though.

    Cheers,
    Jens

  18. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    > Hi,
    >
    >>> Legalities aside: Do you want to transmit data or fry birds?

    >> "fry birds"? What is that crack supposed to mean?

    > FCC in the US allows a maximum of 4W ERP.
    > http://www.moonblinkwifi.com/dbm_to_watt_conversion.cfm
    > http://www.topatec.com/pwr_db.htm

    However, using a Cantenna, itsself, which boosts the ERP,
    without any amplication, to around 15W ERP is LEGAL. You
    can BUY a Cantenna in many computer stores. And the Fry;s
    electronics guy who sold it to be SAID that the SuperCantenna
    is LEGAL to use. I have heard the same from the folks are
    Radio Shack, Circuit City, and Compusa, tht such atennnas
    are LEGAL to use.

    > The amount of energy you supposedly use is dangerous.

    Not at 85 watts ERP.

    > I still think, you cannot calculate a pringles antenna correctly.

    You don't have to. You can BUY a Cantenna, which is actually
    more efficient than a homemade Pringles can antenna. They
    are optimised to get the best gain

    Also scanning for open WiFi routers, using an airplane does
    NOT violate ANY laws, as long as I follow all instructions
    from Air Traffic Control (ATC).

  19. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    > However, using a Cantenna, itsself, which boosts the ERP,
    > without any amplication, to around 15W ERP is LEGAL.

    >> FCC in the US allows a maximum of 4W ERP.

    > You
    > can BUY a Cantenna in many computer stores. And the Fry;s
    > electronics guy who sold it to be SAID that the SuperCantenna
    > is LEGAL to use.

    Wow, I am awed. So he makes the FCC rules?

    > You don't have to.

    That is what you seem to be thining about a lot of things.

    >You can BUY a Cantenna,

    Tell news.

  20. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Chilly8" writes:

    > "Jens Hoffmann" wrote in message
    >> Hi,

    >>> "fry birds"? What is that crack supposed to mean?

    >> FCC in the US allows a maximum of 4W ERP.
    >> http://www.moonblinkwifi.com/dbm_to_watt_conversion.cfm
    >> http://www.topatec.com/pwr_db.htm
    >>

    > However, using a Cantenna, itsself, which boosts the ERP,
    > without any amplication, to around 15W ERP is LEGAL. You
    > can BUY a Cantenna in many computer stores. And the Fry;s
    > electronics guy who sold it to be SAID that the SuperCantenna
    > is LEGAL to use. I have heard the same from the folks are
    > Radio Shack, Circuit City, and Compusa, tht such atennnas
    > are LEGAL to use.

    And by god I'd take anything those guys said to the bank. Especially
    legal advice!

    Chilly, so which diagnosable neurosis do you suffer from?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/