Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies! - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies! - Firewalls ; Chilly8 wrote in news:43d4b364-298d-4ce6-a9db- 0602168fb3a5@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com : > Well, there is no way, wiht the particular proxy application I use, I > can completely turn off logs. The firewall software creates logs > whether I want them or not. So, I ...

  1. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Chilly8 wrote in news:43d4b364-298d-4ce6-a9db-
    0602168fb3a5@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

    > Well, there is no way, wiht the particular proxy application I use, I
    > can completely turn off logs. The firewall software creates logs
    > whether I want them or not. So, I eradicate them, every few days, with
    > Evidence Eliminator.

    Even if you were to claim to have a scheduled task or cron job that ran EE
    every hour [which you certainly COULD do if you so desired],
    there would still be the question:

    Why should anyone trust YOU with their life, job, etc.?????

    --
    bz

    infinite set.

    bz+csf@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap

  2. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    > There is no POSSIBLE way that I could monitor was is being sent, if
    > if I WANTED to.

    That is wrong.

    >These use 256-bit encryption,

    Meaningless metric without naming the algorithm..

    > becuase of the 256-bit proprietary encryption,

    proprietary encryption is stupid and usually much worse
    then an amateurs implementation of a well known algorithm.

  3. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article <43d4b364-298d-4ce6-a9db-0602168fb3a5
    @i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > Well, there is no way, wiht the particular proxy application I use, I
    > can completely turn off logs. The firewall software creates logs
    > whether I want them or not. So, I eradicate them, every few days, with
    > Evidence Eliminator.

    And there you go, you have and can see and can be doing anything with
    the logs you want - you do not offer anonymous connections that are not
    tracked. You are tracking your visitors.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  4. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.22442815e8b8758c989689@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> Even though SHE was in Canada, my SERVERS, at
    >> the time, were in GERMANY. As a result, I, as the server admin,
    >> was NOT SUBJECT to prosecution in Canada, for allowing her
    >> to use MY proxy to access Figure Skating Universe, and Golden
    >> Skate, becuase NONE of my servers are in Canada, nor have they
    >> ever BEEN in Canada, so that made her access to FSU,. via
    >> MY proxy, NOT SUBJECT to ANY Canadian laws.

    > And she was in violation of her company policy and could be fired for
    > it, and your bad advice about how she could not be detected would make
    > you liable - so you really need to stay out of the countries that you
    > scam that on people.

    IN this case, she came to me BEGGING for access to my proxy.
    I was doing a broadcast, at the time, and I got a telephone call
    from this one woman BEGGING me for some way to circumvent
    her company firewall. This skater that got injured apparently is
    a good friend of hers, and she was in tears, so I was NOT going
    to turn her down, so I granted her access to my proxy. It was
    HER idea to find a way around the company firewall, and
    I was more than happy to do this for a fellow figure skating fan
    in this situation. This skater was also one of her relatives, though
    I will not say WHICH relation she was. When something
    happens like that, in your FAMILY, I feel the boss has
    NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to keep such information
    from you, so I was perfectly WILLING to grant her the
    access to my proxy, so I had quickly created an account
    for her on my proxy, and then sent all the information on
    how to connect, in a private message, or "PM", in the lingo
    of users of phpBB and vBulletin.

    When something like that happens to someone in your FAMILY,
    the boss has NO BUSINESS keeping information from you
    on what is happening to said relative, so I was more than EAGER
    to grant her the access to allow her to circumvent the firewall of her
    Canadian employer, and be able to log on to Figure Skating Universe
    and GoldenSkate. With the proxy application I was using at the time,
    All she had to do was download a small EXE of about 630K, start
    that program, enter the IP for my server, enter her login and password,
    and then just change the proxy settings in her browser, and she was
    on Figure Skating Universe and Golden Skate, in less than 5 minutes.

    In short, it was HER asked for the access, and I GAVE it
    to her, and it was HER idea to circumvent the company filters,
    to get to Figure Skating Universe and Golden Skate, and NOT
    mine. I just merly gave her the tools to do it. While SHE might
    have been liable, *I* would NOT have been liable, becuase my
    server is NOT, and NEVER HAS BEEN in Canada, so I am
    NOT SUBJECT to prosecution on ANY Canadian laws, for
    conent coming off my server. Since my server, at the time, was
    in GERMANY, and my business is in AUSTRALIA, I was
    ONLY subject to AUSTRALIAN and GERMAN laws.
    Since my server was NOT in Canada, at that time, *I* was
    NOT SUBJECT to ANY Canadian laws.

  5. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > I got a telephone call
    > from this one woman BEGGING me for some way to circumvent
    > her company firewall. This skater that got injured apparently is
    > a good friend of hers, and she was in tears, so I was NOT going
    > to turn her down, so I granted her access to my proxy.

    There you go, you facilitated her crime. You are liable in her country
    and she could sue you in court if she lost her job.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  6. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.22460d77cc8769c998968b@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> I got a telephone call
    >> from this one woman BEGGING me for some way to circumvent
    >> her company firewall. This skater that got injured apparently is
    >> a good friend of hers, and she was in tears, so I was NOT going
    >> to turn her down, so I granted her access to my proxy.

    > There you go, you facilitated her crime. You are liable in her country
    > and she could sue you in court if she lost her job.

    Not if SHE called ME up and asked for access. She called ME up,
    and offered to pay me a fee, which I was more than happy to accept,
    since my radio station is how I make my living. And she was NOT
    committing ANY criminal act, under either Canadian, Australian,
    German, or United States laws (I was broadcasting a figure skating event
    in Colorado at that time). Laws in these countries regarding
    unauthorised access to a computer ONLY apply if you BREAK
    someone's PASSWORD. In short, the filters/firewalls on her
    office network FAILED to block access to MY network, she
    was NOT subject to ANY criminal prosecution.

    In short, I was NOT facilitating ANY crime, becuase she was NOT
    COMMITTING any crime. The firewalls failed to block my network,
    hence the laws regarding unauthorised access DID NOT APPLY
    in this case, because she was NOT breaking any PASSWORDS,
    and second, becuase I had given her PERMISSION, in the form
    of a login and password to my machine.

  7. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Chilly8 wrote:

    > In short, I was NOT facilitating ANY crime, becuase she was NOT
    > COMMITTING any crime.

    Mind you, it's still a civil offense.

    > The firewalls failed to block my network,

    > hence the laws regarding unauthorised access DID NOT APPLY
    > in this case,

    Wrong. Just because a technical measure fails doesn't make the legal
    measures fail.

    > because she was NOT breaking any PASSWORDS,
    > and second, becuase I had given her PERMISSION, in the form
    > of a login and password to my machine.

    However she had not been given permission by the administrator of her
    company's network.

  8. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.22460d77cc8769c998968b@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > >> I got a telephone call
    > >> from this one woman BEGGING me for some way to circumvent
    > >> her company firewall. This skater that got injured apparently is
    > >> a good friend of hers, and she was in tears, so I was NOT going
    > >> to turn her down, so I granted her access to my proxy.

    > > There you go, you facilitated her crime. You are liable in her country
    > > and she could sue you in court if she lost her job.

    > Not if SHE called ME up and asked for access. She called ME up,
    > and offered to pay me a fee, which I was more than happy to accept,

    That means you enabled the crime and were a willing participant. Now you
    claim you were even paid to help her break company policy and maybe even
    laws of that country, and you have fully admitted it.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  9. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.2246ae83f7aa853098968d@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> "Leythos" wrote in message
    >> news:MPG.22460d77cc8769c998968b@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    >> > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> >
    >> > There you go, you facilitated her crime. You are liable in her country
    >> > and she could sue you in court if she lost her job.

    >> Not if SHE called ME up and asked for access. She called ME up,
    >> and offered to pay me a fee, which I was more than happy to accept,

    > That means you enabled the crime and were a willing participant. Now you
    > claim you were even paid to help her break company policy and maybe even
    > laws of that country, and you have fully admitted it.

    She was NOT committing ANY *CRIMINAL* act. The laws in Canada, just
    like in Australia and America, regarding unauthorised access to a computer
    ONLY apply if you BREAK someone's PASSWORD. If there is NO
    password or authentication system that says "Keep Out!", then the laws
    regarding unauthorised access to a computer DO NOT APPLY. If its
    not protected by a password, or some other kind of authentication system,
    then it is LEGAL to access, so NO crime was committed on her part.

  10. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...

    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.2246ae83f7aa853098968d@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > >> "Leythos" wrote in message
    > >> news:MPG.22460d77cc8769c998968b@adfree.usenet.com. ..

    > >> Not if SHE called ME up and asked for access. She called ME up,
    > >> and offered to pay me a fee, which I was more than happy to accept,

    > > That means you enabled the crime and were a willing participant. Now you
    > > claim you were even paid to help her break company policy and maybe even
    > > laws of that country, and you have fully admitted it.

    > She was NOT committing ANY *CRIMINAL* act. The laws in Canada, just
    > like in Australia and America, regarding unauthorised access to a computer
    > ONLY apply if you BREAK someone's PASSWORD. If there is NO
    > password or authentication system that says "Keep Out!", then the laws
    > regarding unauthorised access to a computer DO NOT APPLY. If its
    > not protected by a password, or some other kind of authentication system,
    > then it is LEGAL to access, so NO crime was committed on her part.

    You keep saying that it's not illegal, but when she gets fired for
    breaking company policy, because you enabled her, you are liable for her
    being fired, since it can be shown that you knew it was wrong at the
    time she asked.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  11. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.224744c591bc834698968e@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...

    >> "Leythos" wrote in message
    >> news:MPG.2246ae83f7aa853098968d@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    >> > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...

    >> > That means you enabled the crime and were a willing participant. Now
    >> > you
    >> > claim you were even paid to help her break company policy and maybe
    >> > even
    >> > laws of that country, and you have fully admitted it.

    >> She was NOT committing ANY *CRIMINAL* act. The laws in Canada, just
    >> like in Australia and America, regarding unauthorised access to a
    >> computer
    >> ONLY apply if you BREAK someone's PASSWORD. If there is NO
    >> password or authentication system that says "Keep Out!", then the laws
    >> regarding unauthorised access to a computer DO NOT APPLY. If its
    >> not protected by a password, or some other kind of authentication system,
    >> then it is LEGAL to access, so NO crime was committed on her part.

    > You keep saying that it's not illegal, but when she gets fired for
    > breaking company policy, because you enabled her, you are liable for her

    If the filters FAIL to block it, then she could have been accused
    of violating company policy, had anybody known what was going
    on.

    That is why my figure skating message boards are picking up a following
    among people surfing from work. Becuase my board is NOT in any
    filtering lists, it can be accessed from most workplaces, and as long
    as the filters do not block them, then said employess CANNOT be
    accused of violating company policy. It is the same as with
    unauthorised computer access, if t here is nothing coming on the
    screen saying they are attempting to access a site that violates
    company policy, then it is NOT a violation of company policy.

  12. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Chilly8 wrote:

    > and as long
    > as the filters do not block them, then said employess CANNOT be
    > accused of violating company policy.

    Will you idiot finally recognize that a normal policy looks like "No
    surfing, except for work duties" and even when the filter does not block it
    (or no filter is in place at all), you can still violate this policy and be
    hold responsible? Get a ****ing clue before starting to talk about things
    you don't understand!

  13. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > as long
    > as the filters do not block them, then said employess CANNOT be
    > accused of violating company policy. It is the same as with
    > unauthorised computer access, if t here is nothing coming on the
    > screen saying they are attempting to access a site that violates
    > company policy, then it is NOT a violation of company policy.

    Wrong, the company Policy does not require ANY blocking to be in place
    for it to be in effect. Violating the company policy is factual without
    or with filtering in place.

    You are still an unethical hack and you are liable in many countries for
    your bad advice that can get people fired.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  14. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Chilly8" wrote in message

    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.224744c591bc834698968e@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    >> In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...

    >>> "Leythos" wrote in message
    >>> news:MPG.2246ae83f7aa853098968d@adfree.usenet.com. ..

    >>> She was NOT committing ANY *CRIMINAL* act. The laws in Canada, just
    >>> like in Australia and America, regarding unauthorised access to a
    >>> computer
    >>> ONLY apply if you BREAK someone's PASSWORD. If there is NO
    >>> password or authentication system that says "Keep Out!", then the laws
    >>> regarding unauthorised access to a computer DO NOT APPLY. If its
    >>> not protected by a password, or some other kind of authentication
    >>> system,
    >>> then it is LEGAL to access, so NO crime was committed on her part.

    >> You keep saying that it's not illegal, but when she gets fired for
    >> breaking company policy, because you enabled her, you are liable for her

    > If the filters FAIL to block it, then she could have been accused
    > of violating company policy, had anybody known what was going
    > on.
    >
    > That is why my figure skating message boards are picking up a following
    > among people surfing from work. Becuase my board is NOT in any
    > filtering lists, it can be accessed from most workplaces, and as long
    > as the filters do not block them, then said employess CANNOT be
    > accused of violating company policy. It is the same as with
    > unauthorised computer access, if t here is nothing coming on the
    > screen saying they are attempting to access a site that violates
    > company policy, then it is NOT a violation of company policy.

    I know that becuase we now have a Shoutcast feed for talk and sports
    programming, there is more a lot more workplace listening. There has
    been someoene, in Leeds, England, listening to our figure skating
    coverage from work, with connections of 2 hours or more at a time.
    Becuase my Shoutcast server is not in any filter lists, people have
    NO trouble tuning in from work.

    In fact, since implementing a Shoutcast feed, I have been getting a lot
    more traffic from office networks all over Europe, because my server
    is not in any filtering lists.

  15. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.2244f0cbc14e7cf098968a@adfree.usenet.com. ..
    > In article <43d4b364-298d-4ce6-a9db-0602168fb3a5
    > @i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> Well, there is no way, wiht the particular proxy application I use, I
    >> can completely turn off logs. The firewall software creates logs
    >> whether I want them or not. So, I eradicate them, every few days, with
    >> Evidence Eliminator.

    > And there you go, you have and can see and can be doing anything with
    > the logs you want - you do not offer anonymous connections that are not
    > tracked. You are tracking your visitors.

    Here is an article that saying that Evidence Eliminator actually works, and
    says that "even someone with a microsocope" will not be able to recover
    the data.

    http://www.pr-inside.com/now-that-sp...ed-r503869.htm

  16. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Chilly8 wrote:

    > Here is an article that saying that Evidence Eliminator actually works, and
    > says that "even someone with a microsocope" will not be able to recover
    > the data.
    >

    > http://www.pr-inside.com/now-that-sp...ed-r503869.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    And they even claim that they're a website for free PR.

    Aside from this, there're still three major problems:

    - Deleting logfiles from disk doesn't do anything about stopping the
    operator from logging data in RAM.

    - You're using Outlook Express, so you have obviously no clue about security.

    - You're a well known idiot here.

  17. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    "Sebastian G." wrote in message
    > Chilly8 wrote:
    >

    >> Here is an article that saying that Evidence Eliminator actually works,
    >> and
    >> says that "even someone with a microsocope" will not be able to recover
    >> the data.
    >>

    >> http://www.pr-inside.com/now-that-sp...ed-r503869.htm

    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >
    > And they even claim that they're a website for free PR.
    >

    > Aside from this, there're still three major problems:
    >
    > - Deleting logfiles from disk doesn't do anything about stopping the
    > operator from logging data in RAM.
    >
    > - You're using Outlook Express, so you have obviously no clue about
    > security.

    Outlook express it the standard for Windows Newsreaders. When I was
    at university in America, the professors drummed it into us that Bill Gates
    is God, when it comes to computing.

    > - You're a well known idiot here.

    I just switched my radio station to a streaming service that is more
    proxy-friendly, and does not require Winamp, Sonique, or other
    extra MP3 players to be installed, it works with IE. So all one has
    to do is change thier proxy settings, and just plug into the feed.
    And it works on Windows Media Player, so its just a matter
    of changing the proxy settings and then connecting to the radio
    stream.

    I also changed to it becuase it is more Firefox friendly. I have been
    catching HELL, ever since Live 365 change their setup to where
    Firefox users can no longer listen to my Live 365 feed. Why, oh WHY
    do these people have such VITRIOL and HATRED towards Internet
    Explorer? Listeners were NOT very happy at ALL, about having
    to use Internet Explorer to listen. And this just does not many ANY
    sense to me.

  18. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Chilly8 wrote:

    >> - You're using Outlook Express, so you have obviously no clue about
    >> security.

    > Outlook express it the standard for Windows Newsreaders.

    I wouldn't even call it a newsreader... but that doesn't stop people from
    abusing it as such.

    > I just switched my radio station to a streaming service that is more
    > proxy-friendly, and does not require Winamp, Sonique, or other
    > extra MP3 players to be installed, it works with IE. So all one has
    > to do is change thier proxy settings, and just plug into the feed.
    > And it works on Windows Media Player, so its just a matter
    > of changing the proxy settings and then connecting to the radio
    > stream.

    Any sane user has disabled the execution of IE and WMP, for obvious reasons.

    > Why, oh WHY do these people have such VITRIOL and HATRED towards Internet
    > Explorer?

    Because it doesn't even understand simple HTML? Because it is trivially
    insecure, but heavily advertises the contrary?

    > Listeners were NOT very happy at ALL, about having
    > to use Internet Explorer to listen. And this just does not many ANY
    > sense to me.

    Because a standard conforming implementation of the website would trivially
    work on almost every webbrowser? So someone must have deliberately broken
    something?

  19. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    Chilly8 wrote:
    > Outlook express it the standard for Windows Newsreaders.

    Fortunately not.

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    The file name of an indirect node file is the string "iNode" immediately
    followed by the link reference converted to decimal text, with no leading

  20. Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

    > Chilly8 wrote:
    >

    >>> - You're using Outlook Express, so you have obviously no clue about
    >>> security.

    >> Outlook express it the standard for Windows Newsreaders.

    > I wouldn't even call it a newsreader... but that doesn't stop people from
    > abusing it as such.
    >
    >> I just switched my radio station to a streaming service that is more
    >> proxy-friendly, and does not require Winamp, Sonique, or other
    >> extra MP3 players to be installed, it works with IE. So all one has
    >> to do is change thier proxy settings, and just plug into the feed.
    >> And it works on Windows Media Player, so its just a matter
    >> of changing the proxy settings and then connecting to the radio
    >> stream.

    > Any sane user has disabled the execution of IE and WMP, for obvious
    > reasons.

    Actually, there is one option where WMP does not even have to be
    opened. It can be played directly from the web page, itself.. Just change
    the proxy settings in whatever browser you are going, connect to the
    stream, and enjoy. The web browser itself acts as a player, using
    certain resources from WMP, without actually executing WMP, so
    disabling WMP is one the silver bullet you think it is, so stop streaming
    of radio stations.