How to setup a security - Firewalls

This is a discussion on How to setup a security - Firewalls ; We are planing to setup a networkwhich will have a domain controller, file server, ftp server, and VPN server. From remote location people will be acessing the server through means of VPN server. for restricting unsolicated incomming traffic we are ...

  1. How to setup a security

    We are planing to setup a networkwhich will have a domain controller,
    file server, ftp server, and VPN server. From remote location people
    will be acessing the server through means of VPN server. for
    restricting unsolicated incomming traffic we are using firewall which
    will allowve only the trusted ip address. but now the quary is ow i
    can block the hackers, and how can i secure my network in a better way

    Thanks
    SMaRK Technologies

  2. Re: How to setup a security

    Am Mon, 03 Mar 2008 07:28:09 -0800 schrieb smarktechnologies:

    > can block the hackers, and how can i secure my network in a better way

    click the option called 'hackers keep out', so now you are save

  3. Re: How to setup a security

    smarktechnologies@gmail.com writes:

    > We are planing to setup a networkwhich will have a domain controller,
    > file server, ftp server, and VPN server. From remote location people
    > will be acessing the server through means of VPN server. for
    > restricting unsolicated incomming traffic we are using firewall which
    > will allowve only the trusted ip address. but now the quary is ow i
    > can block the hackers, and how can i secure my network in a better
    > way

    Hard question to answer for free via usenet. A consultant with a clue
    about security is probably your best bet. Security isn't a product,
    it isn't a network architecture, it's a process.

    Elements the answer will include are configuration of your perimeter,
    domain policies, VPN configuration, how you ensure that remote
    workers don't cheerfully connected malware infected machines to your
    LAN with their VPN clients, IDS for auditing, and many others...

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

+ Reply to Thread