Firebox x20-e, PPPoE, and seconday addresses - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Firebox x20-e, PPPoE, and seconday addresses - Firewalls ; Is there some sort of setting somewhere on the Firebox x20-e that allows one to configure secondary IP addresses when it is a PPPoE client? I have a DSL package from my ISP (AT&T) that gives me 5 static IP ...

  1. Firebox x20-e, PPPoE, and seconday addresses

    Is there some sort of setting somewhere on the Firebox x20-e that
    allows one to configure secondary IP addresses when it is a PPPoE
    client?

    I have a DSL package from my ISP (AT&T) that gives me 5 static IP
    adresses. However, when I set up the X20-e (v10.0) as a PPPoE client,
    the option to enable secondary addresses is greyed out. My guess is
    that the developers of the X20-e assume that because PPPoE only gives
    you an IP address when you logon to an account, it is inherently
    dynamic addressing. And us sods should therefore be prevented from
    enabling any secondary addresses -- 'cause who knows when those
    dynamic addresses may change?

    Thanks for any help on this.

    --
    Matt Hickman
    ...the People operate out where the pickings are rich,

  2. Re: Firebox x20-e, PPPoE, and seconday addresses

    On Mar 2, 8:41*am, Matt Hickman wrote:
    > Is there some sort of setting somewhere on the Firebox x20-e that
    > allows one to configure secondary IP addresses when it is a PPPoE
    > client?

    I did find this document for our Netopia DSL modem:
    http://www.netopia.com/support/hardw...s/CQG_042.html
    that explains how to set up the DSL router as a non-NATed gateway,
    allowing an unblocked, routed subnet locally.
    This lets me to set up the Firebox X20-e manually and assign secondary
    addresses. And bypasses the need to configure secondary IP addresses
    if the X20-e is a PPPoE client.

    --
    Matt Hickman
    The problem could not be solved in any reasonable length of time

+ Reply to Thread