Sidewinder Command Line Query Questions... - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Sidewinder Command Line Query Questions... - Firewalls ; All I'm trying to do is figure out a command line query to look at the entries inside of a netgroup. I tried: cf acl query table=netgroup | grep partial_netgroup_name ....now while this correctly showed me the external netgroup on ...

  1. Sidewinder Command Line Query Questions...

    All I'm trying to do is figure out a command line query to look at the
    entries inside of a netgroup. I tried:

    cf acl query table=netgroup | grep partial_netgroup_name

    ....now while this correctly showed me the external netgroup on the
    acl, it only showed a one line entry for the internal netgroup (the
    netgroup I actually want to see the contents of from the command
    line). I've already verified through the gui console that the
    netgroup has a number of entries inside of it -- the command line
    above just doesn't seem to want to show it; it only shows a one line
    entry stating the netgroup and a backslash (\)

    I also tried:

    cf acl query table=netgroup | grep more_descriptive_netgroup_name

    ....thinking that maybe the output from both my internal and external
    group that were being reported were filling some buffer and that with
    the first command, I was just filling some output buffer but still
    nothing. when i run this new command, it still shows me the correct
    netgroup, it jsut doesn't expand the netgroup and show me all of the
    objects in it, only the backslash again... =/

    anyone know what's going on or what i'm doing wrong?

    tia,

    thepip3r

  2. Re: Sidewinder Command Line Query Questions...

    "cf acl query table=netgroup" works for me. Have you tried "man
    cf_acl"? You do mean net group and not burb right?

  3. Re: Sidewinder Command Line Query Questions...

    On Dec 6, 5:11 pm, roun...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > "cf acl query table=netgroup" works for me. Have you tried "man
    > cf_acl"? You do mean net group and not burb right?

    I'm not saying cf acl query table=netgroup doesn't work -- I'm saying
    it does. Let me elaborate... Lets say my netgroups was named ftp_int
    and ftp_ext for my internal netgroup and external netgroup
    respectively. if i did a cf acl query table=netgroup | grep ftp i get
    the two netgroups in the resutls. I also see all of the ip addresses
    listed in my ftp_ext BUT the only thing i see for my ftp_int group is
    "acl add table=netgroup name=site__ftp_int \" -- but 0 members of that
    netgroup listed. =/

+ Reply to Thread