Subject: Cisco Pix 515e ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 21:51:36 -0600
From: Jesse DeGarmo
To: firewall-wizards@listserv.icsalabs.com

I have a Cisco Pix 515e that when we upgraded the software from 6.3 to
7.0 we are getting (ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker) any
time we try and enter a command to add a new rule for an access list or
change the asdm image file. Any suggestions would be helpful.

pix515e#access-list external_access extended permit tcp any host
165.201.138.6 eq smtp

access-list external_access extended permit tcp any host 165.201.138.6
eq smtp
^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

pix515e#asdm image flash:/asdm-523.bin

--
Jesse G. DeGarmo
System Administrator

--
Jesse G. DeGarmo
System Administrator
Kansas State Historical Society
6425 SW 6th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66615-1099
785-272-8681 x 242
785-272-8682 fax
jdegarmo@kshs.org

--------------050802060007060908060107

Please discard my last email.  I was forgetting to go into the
configure terminal mode.  Feel pretty stupid.