--===============0867290967==

------=_Part_17279_24150808.1196798810690

hello list,

we are currently running Cisco PIX 515E's with 128 Megs of RAM. the problem
is their CPU's are getting up to high 80% usage. gone through a bunch of
troubleshooting things and i think it is just time to upgrade.

my question is do the IDS/IPS features of the ASA make it kinda slow? i
would hate to have us upgrade to these devices just to find us in the same
spot. what do people think of the ASA's as compared to the vaunted PIX?

we were thinking of getting this model: Cisco ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9

thanks much,
jg