From: firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com] On Behalf Of
Paul D. Robertson
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 7:51 AM
To: darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au; Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Darren Reed wrote:

> I definately don't classify (2) as a DOS problem. An

application/operating

System crashes, availability is 0, how is that not a DoS? If we're
going
to use a standard vocabulary (and I think we must) then we can't
individually pick what the words mean.

Paul
-----
Paul D. Robertson "My statements in this message are personal
opinions
paul@compuwar.net which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
http://www.fluiditgroup.com/blog/pdr/
Art: http://PaulDRobertson.imagekind.com/

This message is intended only for the person(s) to which it is addressed
and may contain privileged, confidential and/or insider information.
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action concerning
the contents of this message and any attachment(s) by anyone other
than the named recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.