--------------000102070905080902070000

What part of this makes you wonder?

What IOS, PIX, etc. have in common is The Brand.

One sales force. One marketing force. One field engineering/technical
support force. The force is strong in them. Even if Cisco products are
enormously different under the hood, this is a compelling feature for
Cisco, as it had been for IBM and DEC in the past.

ArkanoiD wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 11:14:14AM -0600, Timothy Shea wrote:
>
>> And organizations like the
>> familiarity of the Pix (ASA) because everything else they have are
>> Cisco devices.

> Which always made me wonder: Pix have almost nothing common with IOS
> routers except Cisco label on it. For ASA, things chaged a bit, but the
> "firewall" part of the device is still the same.

--------------000102070905080902070000

begin:vcard
fnavid Piscitello
n:Piscitello;David
adr;dom:;;3 Myrtle Bank Lane;Hilton Head;SC;29926
email;internet:dave@corecom.com
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://hhi.corecom.com/weblogindex.htm
version:2.1