Fortigate DMZ in transparent mode - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Fortigate DMZ in transparent mode - Firewalls ; Is this possible? Do I *have* to put the Fortigate into NAT/Router mode in order to use the DMZ? Thanks, Bub...

  1. Fortigate DMZ in transparent mode

    Is this possible? Do I *have* to put the Fortigate into NAT/Router
    mode in order to use the DMZ?

    Thanks,
    Bub

  2. Re: Fortigate DMZ in transparent mode

    Bub schrieb:
    > Is this possible? Do I *have* to put the Fortigate into NAT/Router
    > mode in order to use the DMZ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bub

    In transparent mode you could make multiple "Virtual Domains" in order
    to archive a zone splitting but afaik you can't combine both features.
    The Virtual Domains have each their own setting, although the device is
    bridged you can have 9 seperated Domains, without any VDOM license, each
    with an VLAN virtual interface mapped to a physical one.

    What kind of security zones do you need?

    Berk

+ Reply to Thread