Unable to resolve peer GW (VPN Error code 02) - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Unable to resolve peer GW (VPN Error code 02) - Firewalls ; Good morning, strangely one my vpn site2site stopping to work. The error message I get when I try to begin a new session is: "Unable to resolve peer GW (VPN Error code 02)". I found nowhere any indications about the ...

  1. Unable to resolve peer GW (VPN Error code 02)

    Good morning, strangely one my vpn site2site stopping to work. The
    error message I get when I try to begin a new session is: "Unable to
    resolve peer GW (VPN Error code 02)".

    I found nowhere any indications about the cause of this error, could
    you help me?

    The encryption domains are coherent on both sides, on my side we have
    a CheckPoint over Nokia, on the other side ... I don't know.

    Best regards
    Marco

  2. Re: Unable to resolve peer GW (VPN Error code 02)

    On 20 Nov, 09:01, marco74 wrote:
    > Good morning, strangely one my vpn site2site stopping to work. The
    > error message I get when I try to begin a new session is: "Unable to
    > resolve peer GW (VPN Error code 02)".
    >
    > I found nowhere any indications about the cause of this error, could
    > you help me?
    >
    > The encryption domains are coherent on both sides, on my side we have
    > a CheckPoint over Nokia, on the other side ... I don't know.
    >
    > Best regards
    > Marco

    Probably we found the problem: on our firewall there are two site2site
    VPN, on both of them there is the same network family (to be sincere
    with different subnet masks ...)

    VPN1 = 172.30.0.0/16
    VPN2 = 172.30.4.181/32 + 172.30.4.195/32

    Removing the larger mask from the first encryption domain we got no
    more errors. It seems that the firewall detect a conflictual setting
    and doesn't take any decision.

+ Reply to Thread