searching a firewall - Firewalls

This is a discussion on searching a firewall - Firewalls ; Hi I am searching a firewall for my company and I and lookimg isa server or firewall as cisco asa 5505 Which is the best? Thank you...

  1. searching a firewall

    Hi

    I am searching a firewall for my company
    and I and lookimg isa server or firewall as cisco asa 5505

    Which is the best?

    Thank you

  2. Re: searching a firewall

    In article ,
    agustipons@terra.es says...
    > Hi
    >
    > I am searching a firewall for my company
    > and I and lookimg isa server or firewall as cisco asa 5505
    >
    > Which is the best?

    Since we don't know what you a protecting or what you will need for
    remote access or branch office needs not one ethical person could
    possibly tell you.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  3. Re: searching a firewall

    Hi Leythos

    I want to installa a firewall to protect all the network
    We hace 2 vpn to remote office and i would like remote access with 4-5
    laptops

    "Leythos" escribió en el mensaje
    news:MPG.21a527a6847a480c989871@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > In article ,
    > agustipons@terra.es says...
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I am searching a firewall for my company
    > > and I and lookimg isa server or firewall as cisco asa 5505
    > >
    > > Which is the best?

    > Since we don't know what you a protecting or what you will need for
    > remote access or branch office needs not one ethical person could
    > possibly tell you.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Leythos
    > - Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    > - Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a
    > drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    > spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

  4. Re: searching a firewall

    In article ,
    agustipons@terra.es says...
    > Hi Leythos
    >
    > I want to installa a firewall to protect all the network
    > We hace 2 vpn to remote office and i would like remote access with 4-5
    > laptops

    And what are you protecting - network is very wide reaching.

    Do you have servers that will be accessed by the public? If so, what
    types?

    What type of server are the remote users accessing?

    If you have Windows Small Business Server you don't need a VPN, they can
    work remotely through a SSL tunnel using the built-in RWW function of
    SBS.

    One thing you might want to consider, if you have remote users and they
    are using a vpn for files, it will be very slow and that means that the
    data must come to their laptops - which means that if it's medical
    information then you've violated HIPAA rules. So, you could have them
    VPN into the company, then remote desktop into their workstations or a
    small terminal server, so that no company data has to leave the network.

    Many firewalls, like WatchGuard, the X550e will support VPN connections
    directly to the appliance and then you can use a rule to limit it to
    exactly what they need (like TCP 3389 for remote-deskstop).

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  5. Re: searching a firewall

    I have windows 2003 server in my servers, and yessssssssssss i need the
    remote desktop in myt remote laptops, but in the future i would like to
    connect through to VPN

    I have echange 2007 with OWA and the users use it from external

    Whick is your opinion: CISCO /ISA server?

    Thank you very much

    "Leythos" escribió en el mensaje
    news:MPG.21a555059952f1be989873@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > In article ,
    > agustipons@terra.es says...
    > > Hi Leythos
    > >
    > > I want to installa a firewall to protect all the network
    > > We hace 2 vpn to remote office and i would like remote access with 4-5
    > > laptops

    > And what are you protecting - network is very wide reaching.
    >
    > Do you have servers that will be accessed by the public? If so, what
    > types?
    >
    > What type of server are the remote users accessing?
    >
    > If you have Windows Small Business Server you don't need a VPN, they can
    > work remotely through a SSL tunnel using the built-in RWW function of
    > SBS.
    >
    > One thing you might want to consider, if you have remote users and they
    > are using a vpn for files, it will be very slow and that means that the
    > data must come to their laptops - which means that if it's medical
    > information then you've violated HIPAA rules. So, you could have them
    > VPN into the company, then remote desktop into their workstations or a
    > small terminal server, so that no company data has to leave the network.
    >
    > Many firewalls, like WatchGuard, the X550e will support VPN connections
    > directly to the appliance and then you can use a rule to limit it to
    > exactly what they need (like TCP 3389 for remote-deskstop).
    >

    > --
    >
    > Leythos
    > - Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    > - Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a
    > drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    > spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

  6. Re: searching a firewall

    In article ,
    agustipons@terra.es says...
    > I have windows 2003 server in my servers, and yessssssssssss i need the
    > remote desktop in myt remote laptops, but in the future i would like to
    > connect through to VPN
    >
    > I have echange 2007 with OWA and the users use it from external
    >

    > Whick is your opinion: CISCO /ISA server?

    ISA on a DEDICATED Box would be fine, it would also provide an easier
    solution for you to manage unless you're a strong CISCO person. So, as
    long as you can install ISA 2004 on a dedicated server, I would pick it
    first, then the CISCO solution.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  7. Re: searching a firewall

    I'm thinking to do

    642-502 - SNRS Securing Networks with CISCO routers and Switches
    642-522 - SNPA Securing Networks with PIX and ASA

    and later install a CISCO firewall,
    but i was thinking is this way is the best solution

    THank you very much

    "Leythos" escribió en el mensaje
    news:MPG.21a600a18855912a989877@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > In article ,
    > agustipons@terra.es says...
    > > I have windows 2003 server in my servers, and yessssssssssss i need the
    > > remote desktop in myt remote laptops, but in the future i would like to
    > > connect through to VPN
    > >
    > > I have echange 2007 with OWA and the users use it from external
    > >

    > > Whick is your opinion: CISCO /ISA server?

    > ISA on a DEDICATED Box would be fine, it would also provide an easier
    > solution for you to manage unless you're a strong CISCO person. So, as
    > long as you can install ISA 2004 on a dedicated server, I would pick it
    > first, then the CISCO solution.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Leythos
    > - Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    > - Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a
    > drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    > spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

  8. Re: searching a firewall

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:28:10 +0100, "Agustí Pons"
    wrote:

    >but i was thinking is this way is the best solution

    You only gave us two choices. If you want the "best solution" then you're
    going to need to expand the number of choices and your wallet.

+ Reply to Thread