To =
All:
=0A=

It would =
appear that the security concerns have been heard by our management and =
the request is off the table for now. Apparently the main drivers for =
the request was the virtual conferencing capabilities and =
marketing.
=0A=

=0A=
The question was asked about =
running second life from a remote desktop, we were just getting setup to =
test when the request was shelved.
=0A=

=0A=
It would have been under =
extreme duress for the firewall admins to allow this activity from =
corporate desktops. We were very adamant about that.
=0A=

=0A=
I appreciate all the comments =
and postings, let me assure everyone that we are very conservative with =
our network security. For example we require all desktops to reach the =
Internet via proxies servers for content management, authentication, URL =
filtering etc. Thats why for a request of this scope I felt it was =
important to check with an open forum of experts in the =
field.
=0A=

=0A=
Thanks for all your comments, =
this post generated a lot of interesting and diverse opinions. =
=0A=

=0A=

=0A=