--------------000506080400070304060901

Did I respond to this?

2nd-life is the contrapositive of what I look for in a virtual world. I
want to escape to a fantasy world that's different from the real world.
2nd-lifers seems like a copy of this world where you have more control
and influence.

I'd rather be a toon in World of Warcraft:-)

Scott Pinzon wrote:
> I don't know if there is any room left to question management's decision
> to enter Second Life, but I found Wired's recent article eye-opening.
> Coca-Cola spent a lot to build a sizable "Virtual Thirst Pavilion" in
> Second Life.... and according to Wired, had 27 individual visitors in 3
> months. For more in a similar vein, check out "How Madison Avenue is
> Wasting MIllions on a Deserted Second Life."
> http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/m...urrentPage=all
>
> Apologies for not answering the technical question, but I'm with those
> who are asking "Why does an insurance company need Second Life?" If it
> can be used to cut travel costs by virtual conferencing, okay. But if
> they think they're getting massive exposure to potential customers,
> maybe the place should be called Second Thought.
>
> *D. Scott Pinzon, CISSP, NSA-IAM*
> Editor-in-Chief, LiveSecurity Service
> WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.

begin:vcard
fnavid Piscitello
n:Piscitello;David
adr;dom:;;3 Myrtle Bank Lane;Hilton Head;SC;29926
email;internet:dave@corecom.com
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://hhi.corecom.com/weblogindex.htm
version:2.1