From: firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com] On Behalf Of
Bonny_Allen@doh.state.fl.us
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 8:06 AM
To: firewall-wizards@listserv.cybertrust.com
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] 2nd Life
=09
I second that Timothy. Its obvious the poster "knobody" is
unaware of the current trend, right or wrong, to perceive SL as a likely
business tool - IMHO a parallel to all the politicians using MySpace and
Facebook to attempt to reach voters. I am aware of industries that are
using it to recruit and businesses that use it to conduct job
interviews.
=20
It is always good to Google if one finds oneself lacking
knowledge about, say "possible business uses of Second Life" before
publicly making off the cuff negative (a kinda nasty to boot) remarks
about another person's place of business. Examples I found:
=20
=09
http://www.digitalfutureblog.org.nz/...ing-second-lif
e-as-a-business-tool/
=20
=09
http://blog.worldvillage.com/games/a...rt_powerful_bu
siness_tools_for_the_sl_newcomer.html
=20
=20
Best,=20
=20
- Bonny
=20
=20
=20
=20

________________________________

From:=20
firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com=20
class=3D299014215-09112007>I second that Timothy. Its obvious the =
poster=20
"knobody" is unaware of the current trend, right or wrong, to perceive =
SL as a=20
likely business tool - IMHO a parallel to all =
the politicians using=20
MySpace and Facebook to attempt to reach voters. I am aware of=20
industries that are using it to recruit and businesses that use =
it to=20
conduct job interviews.

class=3D299014215-09112007>

class=3D299014215-09112007> class=3D299014215-09112007> class=3D299014215-09112007> color=3D#0000ff> class=3D299014215-09112007>It is always good to Google if one finds =
oneself=20
lacking knowledge about, say "possible business uses of Second Life" =
before=20
publicly making off the cuff negative (a kinda nasty to boot) remarks =
about=20
another person's place of business. Examples I =
found:

color=3D#0000ff>

=
href=3D"http://www.digitalfutureblog.org.nz/digital-strategy-v2/using-sec=
ond-life-as-a-business-tool/">http://www.digitalfutureblog.org.nz/digital=

href=3D"http://blog.worldvillage.com/games/a_second_life_quick_start_powe=
rful_business_tools_for_the_sl_newcomer.html">http://blog.worldvillage.co=
m/games/a_second_life_quick_start_powerful_business_tools_ for_the_sl_newc=
omer.html

color=3D#0000ff>

color=3D#0000ff>

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff>Best,

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff>

face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff> - Bonny

From:=20
firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.cybertrust.com=20
Your comments are troubling.  What possible reason do you =
have to=20
put down another organization or a person based on something you don't =
like?=20
 The guy is trying to do a job and your comments are =
helpful.

I have worked for companies that have valid business reasons for =
all=20
sorts of stupid and lame things.  In the case of Second Life - =
one of the=20
organizations I helped out in the last year had a=20
marketing presence on Second Life.  I have helped out =
or worked=20
for organizations that an approved segment of the user base actively =
cruised=20
porn sites.  Why?  Because they many of their best customers =

operated such sites (always paid on time and usually in cash).

So please spare us your moral outrage.

t.s

On Nov 8, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Brian Loe wrote:
class=3DApple-interchange-newline>

On Nov 6, 2007 3:49 PM, DRISCOLL, ROBERT =
< href=3D"mailto:ROBDRI@safeco.com">ROBDRI@safeco.com> =
wrote:

style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: =
rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid">

Hello,

I wanted to get some feedback on a =
request to=20
allow Second Life through our network.  I was hoping that =
perhaps=20
someone has experience with this application and can let me know =
what=20
steps they took to mitigate the risks.=20

I'm sorry I can't offer any=20
technical advice on this subject but I am dying to know what the =
possible=20
business purpose for such access is?! If your posting e-mail address =
is an=20
indication of the company you're doing this for... well, I'll keep =
that in=20
mind when it comes to my next insurance purchase (I like the =
teensurance=20
idea)!

I'd feel bad if you got in trouble using your company =
e-mail=20
address when posting here, and especially posting such comments. =
However, if=20
you do get in trouble I think you'll have grounds for a lawsuit - =
after all,=20
they would be recognizing the problem of you letting it be known =
that they=20
have games running on their network which means they'd be =
recognizing how=20
bad of an idea such access is. Unless, of course, there's some very=20
interesting business need for it.=20
=

=
href=3D"mailto:firewall-wizards@listserv.icsalabs.com">firewall-wizards@l=