I Can't make any call with my Phoneserve program through LAN networks behind ISA server ! - Firewalls

This is a discussion on I Can't make any call with my Phoneserve program through LAN networks behind ISA server ! - Firewalls ; Morning There is the details : I have installed last version of Phone Serve on my laptop. I have ADSL MODEM (Speedtouch with 4 ports) Behind ADSL MODEM I have Firewall (Fortigate 100) and behind firewall I have MS-ISA Server ...

  1. I Can't make any call with my Phoneserve program through LAN networks behind ISA server !

    Morning

    There is the details :

    I have installed last version of Phone Serve on my laptop.

    I have ADSL MODEM (Speedtouch with 4 ports)

    Behind ADSL MODEM I have Firewall (Fortigate 100)

    and behind firewall I have MS-ISA Server (Version 3.0.1200.365)

    and finally, I have LAN network and I can connect to Internet through
    Proxy Server and port 80

    Now The problem :

    When I connect my laptop Directly to ADSL MODEM, the Phoneserve
    program will work properly.

    and when I connect my laptop behind Firewall (Fortigate 100), the
    connection either work properly .

    But when I connect my laptop behind ISA server through The LAN The
    Phoneserve program tell me that it ready and when I want to make any
    call (For example to my mobile) The Mobile will ring but when I open
    my mobile to incoming call I can't hear any thing and the caller have
    the same problem.(I mean No voice from two ways caller and responser
    can't hear any thing)

    So, Kindly can you help me to solve this problem. I think that problem
    generate with ISA server and ports

    It is better to know that I'm Network Administrator and I have all
    permissions and accessibility to all this devises .

    So, advise me what I have to do ?Please replay me as soon as
    possible .

    Regards,
    essay

  2. Re: I Can't make any call with my Phoneserve program through LAN networks behind ISA server !

    essay wrote:

    > Now The problem: [...]

    > So, Kindly can you help me to solve this problem. I think that problem
    > generate with ISA server and ports

    What would a network admin beeing confronted with such a case normally do to
    check whether his assumptions are correct?

    > It is better to know that I'm Network Administrator and I have all
    > permissions and accessibility to all this devises .
    >
    > So, advise me what I have to do?

    If you are the network admin and don't know what to do in such a case you
    are the wrong person to that job. Hire somebody who is not as clueless as
    you are and pay him.

    Wolfgang

  3. Re: I Can't make any call with my Phoneserve program through LAN networks behind ISA server !

    Have you walked through the network configuration portion of the FAQ? If
    so and the section detailing the port and proxy requirements have been
    met then you probably want to contact their support team.
    http://www.phoneserve.com/support.asp?history=1,350

    -Gary

  4. Re: I Can't make any call with my Phoneserve program through LANnetworks behind ISA server !

    Gary wrote:
    > Have you walked through the network configuration portion of the FAQ? If
    > so and the section detailing the port and proxy requirements have been
    > met then you probably want to contact their support team.
    > http://www.phoneserve.com/support.asp?history=1,350

    which means:

    Open the ports below for voice communication and signaling:

    For version 4 phones;

    * TCP port 5061 (for outbound traffic)
    * All UDP ports from 1023 upwards* (for inbound and outbound traffic)

    *If you wish to restrict this range to retain your current level of security, this can be achieved by editing the
    port.ini configuration file in the installation directory. Just follow the instructions in the file.

    ^^^^^^^^
    highly unrecommended...

  5. Re: I Can't make any call with my Phoneserve program through LANnetworks behind ISA server !

    mak wrote:
    > Gary wrote:
    >> Have you walked through the network configuration portion of the FAQ?
    >> If so and the section detailing the port and proxy requirements have
    >> been met then you probably want to contact their support team.
    >> http://www.phoneserve.com/support.asp?history=1,350

    > which means:
    >
    > Open the ports below for voice communication and signaling:
    >
    > For version 4 phones;
    >
    > * TCP port 5061 (for outbound traffic)
    > * All UDP ports from 1023 upwards* (for inbound and outbound traffic)
    >
    > *If you wish to restrict this range to retain your current level of
    > security, this can be achieved by editing the
    > port.ini configuration file in the installation directory. Just
    > follow the instructions in the file.
    >
    > ^^^^^^^^
    > highly unrecommended...

    oops. typo...highly *recommended*