--===============1183777836==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C822EA.6B54365D

I second that Timothy. Its obvious the poster "knobody" is unaware of
the current trend, right or wrong, to perceive SL as a likely business
tool - IMHO a parallel to all the politicians using MySpace and Facebook
to attempt to reach voters. I am aware of industries that are using it
to recruit and businesses that use it to conduct job interviews.
=20
It is always good to Google if one finds oneself lacking knowledge
about, say "possible business uses of Second Life" before publicly
making off the cuff negative (a kinda nasty to boot) remarks about
another person's place of business. Examples I found:
=20
http://www.digitalfutureblog.org.nz/...ing-second-lif
e-as-a-business-tool/
=20
http://blog.worldvillage.com/games/a...rt_powerful_bu
siness_tools_for_the_sl_newcomer.html
=20
=20
Best,=20
=20
- Bonny
=20
=20
=20
=20

________________________________

From:=20
firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.cybertrust.com=20
Your comments are troubling.  What possible reason do you have =
to put=20
down another organization or a person based on something you don't like? =

 The guy is trying to do a job and your comments are helpful.

I have worked for companies that have valid business reasons for =
all sorts=20
of stupid and lame things.  In the case of Second Life - one of the =

organizations I helped out in the last year had a=20
marketing presence on Second Life.  I have helped out or =
worked=20
for organizations that an approved segment of the user base actively =
cruised=20
porn sites.  Why?  Because they many of their best customers =
operated=20
such sites (always paid on time and usually in cash).

So please spare us your moral outrage.

t.s

On Nov 8, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Brian Loe wrote:
class=3DApple-interchange-newline>

On Nov 6, 2007 3:49 PM, DRISCOLL, ROBERT =
< href=3D"mailto:ROBDRI@safeco.com">ROBDRI@safeco.com> wrote:

style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: =
rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid">

Hello,

I wanted to get some feedback on a =
request to=20
allow Second Life through our network.  I was hoping that =
perhaps=20
someone has experience with this application and can let me know =
what steps=20
they took to mitigate the risks. =

I'm=20
sorry I can't offer any technical advice on this subject but I am =
dying to=20
know what the possible business purpose for such access is?! If your =
posting=20
e-mail address is an indication of the company you're doing this =
for... well,=20
I'll keep that in mind when it comes to my next insurance purchase (I =
like the=20
teensurance idea)!

I'd feel bad if you got in trouble using =
your=20
company e-mail address when posting here, and especially posting such=20
comments. However, if you do get in trouble I think you'll have =
grounds for a=20
lawsuit - after all, they would be recognizing the problem of you =
letting it=20
be known that they have games running on their network which means =
they'd be=20
recognizing how bad of an idea such access is. Unless, of course, =
there's some=20
very interesting business need for it.=20
=

=
href=3D"mailto:firewall-wizards@listserv.icsalabs.com">firewall-wizards@l=
istserv.icsalabs.com