--===============0161954784==

--Apple-Mail-12--583601551

Your comments are troubling. What possible reason do you have to put
down another organization or a person based on something you don't
like? The guy is trying to do a job and your comments are helpful.

I have worked for companies that have valid business reasons for all
sorts of stupid and lame things. In the case of Second Life - one of
the organizations I helped out in the last year had a marketing
presence on Second Life. I have helped out or worked for
organizations that an approved segment of the user base actively
cruised porn sites. Why? Because they many of their best customers
operated such sites (always paid on time and usually in cash).

So please spare us your moral outrage.

t.s

On Nov 8, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Brian Loe wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2007 3:49 PM, DRISCOLL, ROBERT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to get some feedback on a request to allow Second Life
> through our network. I was hoping that perhaps someone has
> experience with this application and can let me know what steps they
> took to mitigate the risks.
>

> I'm sorry I can't offer any technical advice on this subject but I
> am dying to know what the possible business purpose for such access
> is?! If your posting e-mail address is an indication of the company
> you're doing this for... well, I'll keep that in mind when it comes
> to my next insurance purchase (I like the teensurance idea)!
>
> I'd feel bad if you got in trouble using your company e-mail address
> when posting here, and especially posting such comments. However, if
> you do get in trouble I think you'll have grounds for a lawsuit -
> after all, they would be recognizing the problem of you letting it
> be known that they have games running on their network which means
> they'd be recognizing how bad of an idea such access is. Unless, of
> course, there's some very interesting business need for it.

--Apple-Mail-12--583601551

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">
Your comments are =
troubling.  What possible reason do you have to put down another =
organization or a person based on something you don't like?  The =
guy is trying to do a job and your comments are helpful.

class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder">
I have worked for =
companies that have valid business reasons for all sorts of stupid and =
lame things.  In the case of Second Life - one of the organizations =
I helped out in the last year had a marketing presence on =
Second Life.  I have helped out or worked for organizations that an =
approved segment of the user base actively cruised porn sites. =
 Why?  Because they many of their best customers operated such =
sites (always paid on time and usually in cash).

class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder">
So please spare us your =
moral outrage.

class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder">
t.s

class=3D"webkit-block-placeholder">

On Nov 8, 2007, =
at 9:47 AM, Brian Loe wrote:

class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">

class=3D"gmail_quote">On Nov 6, 2007 3:49 PM, DRISCOLL, ROBERT < href=3D"mailto:ROBDRI@safeco.com">ROBDRI@safeco.com> =
wrote:
solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: =
1ex;">

[...]

=
firewall-wizards