It's currently trendy for companies to establish a presence in Second Life for their company. That requires access to the game, etc. I think it's a waste of time and effort, but for some reason, the press is in love with Second Life. And so, to generate good press, some outfits establish a presence there.

Think of it as WOW for Accountants (evil grin)