--===============0743871604==

------=_Part_36947_25845173.1194536820899

On Nov 6, 2007 3:49 PM, DRISCOLL, ROBERT wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to get some feedback on a request to allow Second Life through
> our network. I was hoping that perhaps someone has experience with this
> application and can let me know what steps they took to mitigate the risks.

I'm sorry I can't offer any technical advice on this subject but I am dying
to know what the possible business purpose for such access is?! If your
posting e-mail address is an indication of the company you're doing this
for... well, I'll keep that in mind when it comes to my next insurance
purchase (I like the teensurance idea)!

I'd feel bad if you got in trouble using your company e-mail address when
posting here, and especially posting such comments. However, if you do get
in trouble I think you'll have grounds for a lawsuit - after all, they would
be recognizing the problem of you letting it be known that they have games
running on their network which means they'd be recognizing how bad of an
idea such access is. Unless, of course, there's some very interesting
business need for it.