NVidia Firewall - Why would IAM switch off? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on NVidia Firewall - Why would IAM switch off? - Firewalls ; After an application accessed the web I noticed that my NVidia Firewall Intelligent Application Manager was disabled. The profile was still set to Custom 1. The IAM was not disabled by myself and I am the only user of the ...

  1. NVidia Firewall - Why would IAM switch off?

    After an application accessed the web I noticed that my NVidia Firewall
    Intelligent Application Manager was disabled. The profile was still set to
    Custom 1. The IAM was not disabled by myself and I am the only user of the
    computer.

    I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6 running

    Can anyone advise me how this might have happened?

    regards,

    Beemer

  2. Re: NVidia Firewall - Why would IAM switch off?

    "Beemer" wrote in message
    news:PkEUi.37760$c_1.36079@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > After an application accessed the web I noticed that my NVidia Firewall
    > Intelligent Application Manager was disabled. The profile was still set
    > to Custom 1. The IAM was not disabled by myself and I am the only user
    > of the computer.
    >
    > I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6 running
    >
    > Can anyone advise me how this might have happened?

    It can be malware has compomised the machine, it was undetected and it
    kocked it out.

  3. Re: NVidia Firewall - Why would IAM switch off?

    "Mr. Arnold" Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message

    > "Beemer" wrote in message
    > news:PkEUi.37760$c_1.36079@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    >> After an application accessed the web I noticed that my NVidia Firewall
    >> Intelligent Application Manager was disabled. The profile was still set
    >> to Custom 1. The IAM was not disabled by myself and I am the only user
    >> of the computer.
    >>
    >> I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6 running
    >>
    >> Can anyone advise me how this might have happened?

    > It can be malware has compomised the machine, it was undetected and it
    > kocked it out.

    I cannot find any other web reference to this incident so I'm hoping that it
    will not reoccur.

    thanks,

    Beemer

+ Reply to Thread