New Proxy - http://techlock.info - Firewalls

This is a discussion on New Proxy - http://techlock.info - Firewalls ; I just created a new proxy and thought should share it with you guys. http://www.techlock.info Share the word and enjoy!!...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

  1. New Proxy - http://techlock.info

  2. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In message <1193409182.913942.255020@z24g2000prh.googlegroups. com>
    at 07:33:02 on Fri, 26 Oct 2007, rahul_sharma6330@yahoo.com wrote
    >I just created a new proxy and thought should share it with you guys.
    >

    >Share the word and enjoy!!

    Please advise me how to configure firefox to use your proxy
    --
    Mike News

  3. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    "Mike" wrote in message
    > In message <1193409182.913942.255020@z24g2000prh.googlegroups. com>
    > at 07:33:02 on Fri, 26 Oct 2007, rahul_sharma6330@yahoo.com wrote
    >>I just created a new proxy and thought should share it with you guys.
    >>

    >>Share the word and enjoy!!
    >>

    > Please advise me how to configure firefox to use your proxy

    There is an easier way, dump Firefox and use
    IE. Firefox is SOOO incomptable with a lot
    of stuff on the Web. I often get complaints
    about Live 365, my streaming provider, being
    incomptable with Firefox, and listeners not
    too happy about having to go IE.

    Dump Firefox and go to IE, and you will have
    no more trouble.

  4. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    "Chilly8" wrote in message

    > "Mike" wrote in message
    >> In message <1193409182.913942.255020@z24g2000prh.googlegroups. com>
    >> at 07:33:02 on Fri, 26 Oct 2007, rahul_sharma6330@yahoo.com wrote
    >>>I just created a new proxy and thought should share it with you guys.
    >>>

    >>>Share the word and enjoy!!
    >>>

    >> Please advise me how to configure firefox to use your proxy

    > There is an easier way, dump Firefox and use
    > IE. Firefox is SOOO incomptable with a lot
    > of stuff on the Web. I often get complaints
    > about Live 365, my streaming provider, being
    > incomptable with Firefox, and listeners not
    > too happy about having to go IE.
    >
    > Dump Firefox and go to IE, and you will have
    > no more trouble.

    Yes dumb IE so you won't get ****ed

  5. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In message
    at 17:12:08 on Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Chilly8 wrote
    >There is an easier way, dump Firefox and use
    >IE. Firefox is SOOO incomptable with a lot
    >of stuff on the Web. I often get complaints
    >about Live 365, my streaming provider, being
    >incomptable with Firefox, and listeners not
    >too happy about having to go IE.
    >
    >Dump Firefox and go to IE, and you will have
    >no more trouble.

    I find firefox works fine with virtually all sites we use - and we do
    visit a lot here. Usually it's just a formatting error or suchlike.

    Does this mean your proxies don't work with Firefox?
    --
    Mike News

  6. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    Chilly8 wrote:

    > Dump Firefox and go to IE, and you will have
    > no more trouble.

    Yeah right - get a Ford Model 'T' as well.

    Jim Ford

  7. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    Chilly8 wrote:
    > "Mike" wrote in message
    >> In message <1193409182.913942.255020@z24g2000prh.googlegroups. com>
    >> at 07:33:02 on Fri, 26 Oct 2007, rahul_sharma6330@yahoo.com wrote
    >>> I just created a new proxy and thought should share it with you guys.
    >>>

    >>> Share the word and enjoy!!
    >>>

    >> Please advise me how to configure firefox to use your proxy

    > There is an easier way, dump Firefox and use
    > IE. Firefox is SOOO incomptable with a lot
    > of stuff on the Web. I often get complaints
    > about Live 365, my streaming provider, being
    > incomptable with Firefox, and listeners not
    > too happy about having to go IE.
    >
    > Dump Firefox and go to IE, and you will have
    > no more trouble.

    IDIOT

  8. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > There is an easier way, dump Firefox and use
    > IE. Firefox is SOOO incomptable with a lot
    > of stuff on the Web.

    No, it's great for people that want to be able to surf more securely
    than using a broken IE. IE should only be used when a site won't work
    using ANY other browser.

    Not only do you advocate breaking laws and company policy, you now stoop
    to advocating using a method which can easily get a persons computer
    hacked - which means that their company will be vulnerable to things
    because of your advice.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  9. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.218d0c374dcbfa2e989713@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> There is an easier way, dump Firefox and use
    >> IE. Firefox is SOOO incomptable with a lot
    >> of stuff on the Web.

    > No, it's great for people that want to be able to surf more securely
    > than using a broken IE. IE should only be used when a site won't work
    > using ANY other browser.
    >
    > Not only do you advocate breaking laws

    It is NOT againast the law to access my radio station from
    ANYWHERE, including from work, as long as you do
    NOT break someone's PASSWORD to do so. That is why
    I put the Live 365 server assigned to me, in my
    RDNS list, so the filters will see MY domain, instead
    of live365.com. I do this one the nameserver I have on
    my server. Since I am PAYING Live 365 for the right
    to use their network, it is LEGAL for me put the
    server currently assigned to me in my RDNS list,
    and cause reverse lookups to show my domain,
    insted of Live365.com. What I am doing to spoof
    filtering programs, such as Websense, Bess, Sentian,
    etc, does NOT violate ANY law of ANY country.

  10. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In message
    at 09:50:33 on Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Leythos wrote
    > IE should only be used when a site won't work
    >using ANY other browser.

    For sites that work in IE only, are there any advantages in updating to
    IE7? My new build keeps suggesting I should upgrade to it, but I can't
    make my mind up whether to add it the "permanently don't ask me again"
    option in Windows Update or not. Having upgraded Windows Media Player
    to version 11 and discovered I can't back up my license files (for legit
    reasons) then I am going to be backup with version 9 in it (although I
    would prefer v10 if that doesn't do the same)
    --
    Mike News

  11. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...

    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.218d0c374dcbfa2e989713@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > >> There is an easier way, dump Firefox and use
    > >> IE. Firefox is SOOO incomptable with a lot
    > >> of stuff on the Web.

    > > No, it's great for people that want to be able to surf more securely
    > > than using a broken IE. IE should only be used when a site won't work
    > > using ANY other browser.
    > >
    > > Not only do you advocate breaking laws

    > It is NOT againast the law to access my radio station from
    > ANYWHERE, including from work, as long as you do
    > NOT break someone's PASSWORD to do so. That is why
    > I put the Live 365 server assigned to me, in my
    > RDNS list, so the filters will see MY domain, instead
    > of live365.com. I do this one the nameserver I have on
    > my server. Since I am PAYING Live 365 for the right
    > to use their network, it is LEGAL for me put the
    > server currently assigned to me in my RDNS list,
    > and cause reverse lookups to show my domain,
    > insted of Live365.com. What I am doing to spoof
    > filtering programs, such as Websense, Bess, Sentian,
    > etc, does NOT violate ANY law of ANY country.

    Violating the work contract could be against the law in many locations
    around the world.

    Violating company policy is always something that can get you fired.

    You advocating the violation of laws that you don't know about, and
    advocating breaking company policy in a manner that could compromise a
    company network could leave you personally liable.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  12. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article ,
    turnpike_user@turnpike_REMOVEuser.THIScomANDTHIS says...
    > In message
    > at 09:50:33 on Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Leythos wrote
    > > IE should only be used when a site won't work
    > >using ANY other browser.
    > >

    > For sites that work in IE only, are there any advantages in updating to
    > IE7? My new build keeps suggesting I should upgrade to it, but I can't
    > make my mind up whether to add it the "permanently don't ask me again"
    > option in Windows Update or not. Having upgraded Windows Media Player
    > to version 11 and discovered I can't back up my license files (for legit
    > reasons) then I am going to be backup with version 9 in it (although I
    > would prefer v10 if that doesn't do the same)

    I personally, having worked with computers for more than 30 years,
    designing secure networks that have not been compromised yet, believe
    that using IE (any version) should be limited to sites that you can
    specifically trust and know to trust. All other sites should be visited
    by using a non-IE browser, with all extensions and helpers removed.

    Personally I don't even use Flash in my FireFox - if the site needs it I
    just look somewhere else - From my DMZ network I have computers with IE
    and FireFox and Opera and even other machines running Linux with
    extensions for testing.

    IT 7 is suppose to be better than IE6 for security, but it also brings
    in a few complications, but it is "suppose" to be better - it does have
    exploit paths, but you should be updating nightly.

    Use FireFox as your primary browser then IE for sites you know you can
    trust (Banks).

    --

  13. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    Leythos wrote:
    > In article ,
    > turnpike_user@turnpike_REMOVEuser.THIScomANDTHIS says...
    >> In message
    >> at 09:50:33 on Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Leythos wrote
    >>> IE should only be used when a site won't work
    >>> using ANY other browser.
    >> >

    >> For sites that work in IE only, are there any advantages in updating to
    >> IE7? My new build keeps suggesting I should upgrade to it, but I can't
    >> make my mind up whether to add it the "permanently don't ask me again"
    >> option in Windows Update or not. Having upgraded Windows Media Player
    >> to version 11 and discovered I can't back up my license files (for legit
    >> reasons) then I am going to be backup with version 9 in it (although I
    >> would prefer v10 if that doesn't do the same)

    > I personally, having worked with computers for more than 30 years,
    > designing secure networks that have not been compromised yet, believe
    > that using IE (any version) should be limited to sites that you can
    > specifically trust and know to trust. All other sites should be visited
    > by using a non-IE browser, with all extensions and helpers removed.

    i wholeheartdly agree and i would even say
    IE is only allowed on inhouse sites and even if that's the case i
    would urge the web application devs to comply to the standards ASAP

    > Personally I don't even use Flash in my FireFox - if the site needs it I
    > just look somewhere else - From my DMZ network I have computers with IE
    > and FireFox and Opera and even other machines running Linux with
    > extensions for testing.
    >
    > IT 7 is suppose to be better than IE6 for security, but it also brings
    > in a few complications, but it is "suppose" to be better - it does have
    > exploit paths, but you should be updating nightly.

    keeping your system up to date is one of the most important rules
    of computer security and yes IE 7.0 is better than IE 6.0

    > Use FireFox as your primary browser then IE for sites you know you can
    > trust (Banks).

  14. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article <472366c5$0$22304$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...
    > i wholeheartdly agree and i would even say
    > IE is only allowed on inhouse sites and even if that's the case i
    > would urge the web application devs to comply to the standards ASAP

    Yea, that would be nice, but so many development teams go the EASY way
    and build apps that only work with IE - like document imaging systems
    and others. It's a PITA when you tell people that they should only use
    IE for the medical apps and banking sites and to use FireFox for
    everything else.

    Lucky for us we can remove Activ-X and attachments from HTTP sessions
    and email sessions so that users are not exposed to malware through IE
    at the firewall.

    --

  15. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.218d22bafacdfe69989715@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >>
    >> "Leythos" wrote in message
    >> news:MPG.218d0c374dcbfa2e989713@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    >> > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> >
    >> > No, it's great for people that want to be able to surf more securely
    >> > than using a broken IE. IE should only be used when a site won't work
    >> > using ANY other browser.
    >> >
    >> > Not only do you advocate breaking laws

    >> It is NOT againast the law to access my radio station from
    >> ANYWHERE, including from work, as long as you do
    >> NOT break someone's PASSWORD to do so. That is why
    >> I put the Live 365 server assigned to me, in my
    >> RDNS list, so the filters will see MY domain, instead
    >> of live365.com. I do this one the nameserver I have on
    >> my server. Since I am PAYING Live 365 for the right
    >> to use their network, it is LEGAL for me put the
    >> server currently assigned to me in my RDNS list,
    >> and cause reverse lookups to show my domain,
    >> insted of Live365.com. What I am doing to spoof
    >> filtering programs, such as Websense, Bess, Sentian,
    >> etc, does NOT violate ANY law of ANY country.

    > Violating the work contract could be against the law in many locations
    > around the world.
    >
    > Violating company policy is always something that can get you fired.
    >
    > You advocating the violation of laws that you don't know about, and
    > advocating breaking company policy in a manner that could compromise a
    > company network could leave you personally liable.

    Not the way that *I* do it. Becuase I have the RDNS
    on the Live 365 server assigned to me set to my domain.
    There is NO circumvention of any company filtering
    that is NEEDED. If the filter FAILS to block my station,
    even with the other Live 365 servers blocked, then I
    CANNOT be held liable. Spoofing is NOT illegal in
    ANY country.

    ALL I am doing is a simple RDNS hack that is LEGAL
    in ALL countries. Don't you get it? If you do NOT
    break somoene's password, or other security system
    to do it, that it does NOT violate ANY law of ANY
    country. The computer crime laws ONLY apply if
    you BREAK someone's PASSWORD to do something.

    Anyone running their own name server can do this, and its
    LEGAL in ALL countries. I just simply created an RDNS
    entry on my name server, put the IP of the current
    Live 365 server my station is using, and, viola!!, within
    24 to 48 hours afterwards, all the nameservers around the
    world are seeing MY domain instead of the live365.com
    domain, so the filters FAIL to block it. This is LEGAL.

  16. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > ALL I am doing is a simple RDNS hack

    You're a fool and I'm just waiting to read about you in the news, being
    hauled away for advocating hacks and violations of laws and company
    networks. Better yet, when an employee sues you for your information
    being wrong and them being fired because you said it was undetectable -
    which everyone in security and networking knows is a lie.

    --

  17. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    Leythos wrote:
    > In article <472366c5$0$22304$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    > DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...
    >> i wholeheartdly agree and i would even say
    >> IE is only allowed on inhouse sites and even if that's the case i
    >> would urge the web application devs to comply to the standards ASAP

    > Yea, that would be nice, but so many development teams go the EASY way
    > and build apps that only work with IE - like document imaging systems
    > and others. It's a PITA when you tell people that they should only use
    > IE for the medical apps and banking sites and to use FireFox for
    > everything else.
    >
    > Lucky for us we can remove Activ-X and attachments from HTTP sessions
    > and email sessions so that users are not exposed to malware through IE
    > at the firewall.

    how does one do that ?
    using proxy servers (squid)?
    i know of spamassin and clamav,avg for mail servers but i'm interested in
    removing activeX ****

  18. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In message <472366c5$0$22304$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>
    at 18:26:45 on Sat, 27 Oct 2007, goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet
    DOT be"@?.?.invalid> wrote
    >keeping your system up to date is one of the most important rules
    >of computer security and yes IE 7.0 is better than IE 6.0

    Since MS are continuing to issue security updates to IE 6, I thank you
    for your input. So long as the settings I have set via gpedit.msc don't
    get compromised, then I'll be happy to upgrade

    Sorry for being a bit off topic
    --
    Mike News

  19. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article <47237f7d$0$22306$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...
    > Leythos wrote:
    > > In article <472366c5$0$22304$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    > > DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...
    > >> i wholeheartdly agree and i would even say
    > >> IE is only allowed on inhouse sites and even if that's the case i
    > >> would urge the web application devs to comply to the standards ASAP

    > > Yea, that would be nice, but so many development teams go the EASY way
    > > and build apps that only work with IE - like document imaging systems
    > > and others. It's a PITA when you tell people that they should only use
    > > IE for the medical apps and banking sites and to use FireFox for
    > > everything else.
    > >
    > > Lucky for us we can remove Activ-X and attachments from HTTP sessions
    > > and email sessions so that users are not exposed to malware through IE
    > > at the firewall.
    > >

    > how does one do that ?
    > using proxy servers (squid)?
    > i know of spamassin and clamav,avg for mail servers but i'm interested in
    > removing activeX ****

    Our firewalls, in fact, most firewall appliances, and I'm not talking
    those crappy NAT Routers, I'm talking about real firewall appliances,
    have a number of Proxy service rules that allow things like this - for
    instance I can block Active-X, Scripting, downloads of EXE, ZIP, COM,
    DLL, etc... while still allowing PDF (as an example)....

    Same for SMTP where you filter attachments, headers, messages > x size,
    etc....

    I use WatchGuard X Core firewalls for 90% of our clients.

    --

  20. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    Leythos wrote:
    > In article <47237f7d$0$22306$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    > DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...
    >> Leythos wrote:
    >>> In article <472366c5$0$22304$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    >>> DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...
    >>> Yea, that would be nice, but so many development teams go the EASY way
    >>> and build apps that only work with IE - like document imaging systems
    >>> and others. It's a PITA when you tell people that they should only use
    >>> IE for the medical apps and banking sites and to use FireFox for
    >>> everything else.
    >>>
    >>> Lucky for us we can remove Activ-X and attachments from HTTP sessions
    >>> and email sessions so that users are not exposed to malware through IE
    >>> at the firewall.
    >>>

    >> how does one do that ?
    >> using proxy servers (squid)?
    >> i know of spamassin and clamav,avg for mail servers but i'm interested in
    >> removing activeX ****

    > Our firewalls, in fact, most firewall appliances, and I'm not talking
    > those crappy NAT Routers, I'm talking about real firewall appliances,
    > have a number of Proxy service rules that allow things like this - for
    > instance I can block Active-X, Scripting, downloads of EXE, ZIP, COM,
    > DLL, etc... while still allowing PDF (as an example)....
    >
    > Same for SMTP where you filter attachments, headers, messages > x size,
    > etc....
    >
    > I use WatchGuard X Core firewalls for 90% of our clients.

    i'll guess i'll have to do some research on my own then i really hope it
    can be done on a
    dedicated x86 pc Unix box in software

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast