New Proxy - http://techlock.info - Firewalls

This is a discussion on New Proxy - http://techlock.info - Firewalls ; In article , goarilla DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says... > Leythos wrote: > > In article , goarilla > > DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says... > >> Leythos wrote: > >>> In article , goarilla > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article <47239d27$0$22306$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...
    > Leythos wrote:
    > > In article <47237f7d$0$22306$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be>, goarilla <"kevin
    > > DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> says...

    > >> how does one do that ?
    > >> using proxy servers (squid)?
    > >> i know of spamassin and clamav,avg for mail servers but i'm interested in
    > >> removing activeX ****

    > > Our firewalls, in fact, most firewall appliances, and I'm not talking
    > > those crappy NAT Routers, I'm talking about real firewall appliances,
    > > have a number of Proxy service rules that allow things like this - for
    > > instance I can block Active-X, Scripting, downloads of EXE, ZIP, COM,
    > > DLL, etc... while still allowing PDF (as an example)....
    > >
    > > Same for SMTP where you filter attachments, headers, messages > x size,
    > > etc....
    > >
    > > I use WatchGuard X Core firewalls for 90% of our clients.
    > >

    > i'll guess i'll have to do some research on my own then i really hope it
    > can be done on a
    > dedicated x86 pc Unix box in software

    I'm sure it could, but we don't roll systems that are not certified for
    clients.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  2. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    goarilla wrote:

    >> Our firewalls, in fact, most firewall appliances, and I'm not talking
    >> those crappy NAT Routers, I'm talking about real firewall appliances,
    >> have a number of Proxy service rules that allow things like this - for
    >> instance I can block Active-X, Scripting, downloads of EXE, ZIP, COM,
    >> DLL, etc... while still allowing PDF (as an example)....
    >>
    >> Same for SMTP where you filter attachments, headers, messages > x
    >> size, etc....
    >>
    >> I use WatchGuard X Core firewalls for 90% of our clients.
    >>

    > i'll guess i'll have to do some research on my own then i really hope it
    > can be done on a
    > dedicated x86 pc Unix box in software

    I'm using a 'LEAF' firewall which uses Tom Eastep's 'Shorewall' (which
    is a configuration front end for iptables). I'm not sure if it will do
    what you want, but the Shorewall docs are very comprehensive and Tom
    Eastep gives excellent support. You've aroused my interest - I'll do a
    search through the docs when I get a chance!

    Jim Ford

  3. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.218d42c1cfedeb8098971a@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    >> ALL I am doing is a simple RDNS hack

    > You're a fool and I'm just waiting to read about you in the news, being
    > hauled away for advocating hacks and violations of laws and

    I use Evidence Eliminator on my equipment, on a regular
    basis. Since I cross international borders quite often, I
    run EE on my disks, especially before attempting to
    bring any of my equipment into Canada, Australia, or
    the United States, where Customs are doing more
    forensic examination of hard disks. This way, anything
    I do know about that could get me in trouble upon
    entering any country is wiped out and cannot be
    recovered by forensic examination tools.

  4. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...

    > "Leythos" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.218d42c1cfedeb8098971a@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > > In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > >> ALL I am doing is a simple RDNS hack

    > > You're a fool and I'm just waiting to read about you in the news, being
    > > hauled away for advocating hacks and violations of laws and

    > I use Evidence Eliminator on my equipment, on a regular
    > basis. Since I cross international borders quite often, I
    > run EE on my disks, especially before attempting to
    > bring any of my equipment into Canada, Australia, or
    > the United States, where Customs are doing more
    > forensic examination of hard disks. This way, anything
    > I do know about that could get me in trouble upon
    > entering any country is wiped out and cannot be
    > recovered by forensic examination tools.

    Why do you have to hide if you're not breaking any laws?

    It's now what you "know" since you don't know anything, it's what you
    tell people and how easy it is for them to sue you for your advocating
    something that can get them fired or arrested.

    EE is crap and it's used by the Guilty.

    --

  5. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    Leythos wrote:

    >> I use Evidence Eliminator on my equipment, on a regular
    >> basis. Since I cross international borders quite often, I
    >> run EE on my disks, especially before attempting to
    >> bring any of my equipment into Canada, Australia, or
    >> the United States, where Customs are doing more
    >> forensic examination of hard disks. This way, anything
    >> I do know about that could get me in trouble upon
    >> entering any country is wiped out and cannot be
    >> recovered by forensic examination tools.

    > Why do you have to hide if you're not breaking any laws?

    Whilst I don't feel the need to take any such measures myself, I can see
    what he means.

    There's information that's in the public domain in the U.S. that's an
    Official Secret in the U.K.. U.K. investigative journalists in the U.K.
    have had to go the the U.S. to obtain U.K. information that they would
    be denied in the U.K. - in fact they could go to jail for being in
    possession of it in the U.K.! In spite of our so called 'Freedom of
    Information' act, the U.K. is still obsessively secretive regarding what
    is officialdom considers 'sensitive' information.

    Jim Ford

  6. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article ,
    jaford@watford53.freeserve.co.uk says...
    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    > >> I use Evidence Eliminator on my equipment, on a regular
    > >> basis. Since I cross international borders quite often, I
    > >> run EE on my disks, especially before attempting to
    > >> bring any of my equipment into Canada, Australia, or
    > >> the United States, where Customs are doing more
    > >> forensic examination of hard disks. This way, anything
    > >> I do know about that could get me in trouble upon
    > >> entering any country is wiped out and cannot be
    > >> recovered by forensic examination tools.

    > > Why do you have to hide if you're not breaking any laws?

    > Whilst I don't feel the need to take any such measures myself, I can see
    > what he means.
    >
    > There's information that's in the public domain in the U.S. that's an
    > Official Secret in the U.K.. U.K. investigative journalists in the U.K.
    > have had to go the the U.S. to obtain U.K. information that they would
    > be denied in the U.K. - in fact they could go to jail for being in
    > possession of it in the U.K.! In spite of our so called 'Freedom of
    > Information' act, the U.K. is still obsessively secretive regarding what
    > is officialdom considers 'sensitive' information.

    Then they don't need EE to erase their tacks...

    --

  7. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    news:MPG.218e4154fb4981c4989732@adfree.Usenet.com. ..
    > In article ,
    > jaford@watford53.freeserve.co.uk says...

    >> > Why do you have to hide if you're not breaking any laws?

    >> Whilst I don't feel the need to take any such measures myself, I can see
    >> what he means.
    >>
    >> There's information that's in the public domain in the U.S. that's an
    >> Official Secret in the U.K.. U.K. investigative journalists in the U.K.
    >> have had to go the the U.S. to obtain U.K. information that they would
    >> be denied in the U.K. - in fact they could go to jail for being in
    >> possession of it in the U.K.! In spite of our so called 'Freedom of
    >> Information' act, the U.K. is still obsessively secretive regarding what
    >> is officialdom considers 'sensitive' information.

    > Then they don't need EE to erase their tacks...

    They would need it when coming back into the U.K., so
    they don't get busted by Customs. U.S. Customs though,
    right now, is the most likely place your computer will be
    examined, especially when coming in from certain
    countries.

    However, there are ways that British journalists could
    avoid having to leave the U.K. Just use one of these
    encrypted anonymity services. I use one, myself,
    to listen to Pandora, when I am outide the United
    States, to circumvent the geographic restrictions
    on Pandora.

    The service I use, as I have said before, is run
    by a retiree living at the 55-and-over retirement
    community in Bajamar, Mexico. The authorities
    would know you were connecting to some old
    geezers computer in Mexico, but they would not
    know where you went BEYOND that point, since
    the traffic would be encrypted by the client program
    and then decrypted in Mexico, before going to the
    proxies you chose. So anyone in the U.K. wanting
    to download what the British would regard as
    "sensitive" information could go this route. And
    since the servers are in Baja Calfiornia, Mexico,
    the site owners are NOT SUBJECT to ANY
    laws in Britain, and content passing through their
    proxy service is ONLY subject to the laws of
    MEXICO. Likewise the people running this
    service are ONLY subject to prosecution
    in Mexico and are NOT SUBJECT to
    prosecution in the U.K., if a U.K.
    journalist uses this service to hide thier
    tracks.

    I have to go to Cuba to cover a figure skating event
    there, and then on to China, but will have to connect
    through the U.S. Anyone coming from Cuba, regardless
    of what citizenships they hold, will almost certainly have
    their computers scanned, especially since I will be
    using one of the "charter" flights that reguarly go
    between Havana, and certain U.S. cities. You
    better well believe my equipment will have been
    scrubbed with EE, using the maximum level of
    destructions, before attempting to go through
    U.S. Customs, when I make the connection to
    the China-bound flight. I found one to San
    Francisco, which will give me 6 hours to go
    through Customs and catch the outbound flight
    to China. When I go through Customs at SFO,
    my hard disks will have been scrubbed with EE
    using the maximum level of destruction.

  8. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    In article , chilly8@hotmail.com says...
    > When I go through Customs at SFO,
    > my hard disks will have been scrubbed with EE
    > using the maximum level of destruction.

    And yet, in all my travels, I've never had a problem and never had to
    "Erase" my tracks for what I do.

    Maybe if you knew more about how to secure a network and your system you
    would not have to worry about what you do being exposed and causing you
    problems.

    --

    Leythos
    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  9. Re: New Proxy - http://techlock.info

    * Chilly8 :
    > I use Evidence Eliminator on my equipment, on a regular
    > basis. Since I cross international borders quite often, I
    > run EE on my disks, especially before attempting to
    > bring any of my equipment into Canada, Australia, or
    > the United States, where Customs are doing more
    > forensic examination of hard disks. This way, anything
    > I do know about that could get me in trouble upon
    > entering any country is wiped out and cannot be
    > recovered by forensic examination tools.

    Well that should end all doubts about Chilly8 folks, he uses EE and
    trusts it.

    Jason

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2