COMODO v. ZoneAlarm? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on COMODO v. ZoneAlarm? - Firewalls ; Where could I find objective comparison info of the effectiveness of Comodo Firewall Pro and ZoneAlarm free? TIA...

  1. COMODO v. ZoneAlarm?

    Where could I find objective comparison info of the effectiveness of
    Comodo Firewall Pro and ZoneAlarm free?

    TIA

  2. Re: COMODO v. ZoneAlarm?

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:04:26 GMT, Jerry Ennis wrote:

    > Where could I find objective comparison info of the effectiveness of
    > Comodo Firewall Pro and ZoneAlarm free?
    >
    > TIA

    PFW Criticism.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona...all#Criticisms

    "Personal Firewalls" are mostly snake-oil.
    http://www.samspade.org/d/firewalls.html

    Why your firewall sucks.
    http://tooleaky.zensoft.com/
    "But I quickly realized the truth: The added protection provided by
    outbound filtering is entirely illusory."

    At Least This Snake Oil Is Free.
    http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesp...l-is-free.aspx

  3. Re: COMODO v. ZoneAlarm?

    Jerry Ennis wrote:
    > Where could I find objective comparison info of the effectiveness of
    > Comodo Firewall Pro and ZoneAlarm free?
    >
    > TIA

    Commodo is annoying and is always asking to grant permission to apps
    that have already been granted permission to. And dll components section
    is useless because most people don't have clue what each component is
    even. ZoneAlarm is far less annoying. If you are on XP or Vista just use
    the one Microsoft provides and use a router with hardware firewall.

  4. Re: COMODO v. ZoneAlarm?

    John Adams wrote:

    > Commodo is annoying and is always asking to grant permission to apps
    > that have already been granted permission to. And dll components section

    Yep, actually liked it. But the reoccuring popups made me go back to
    ZA. Use ZA 4.5 now (6.5 is to much a resource hog, and 4.5 does the
    job by monitoring what programs access the net, as stated here over
    and over it won't ctach all ill behaved programs, but that's life :-)
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605

+ Reply to Thread