Setting up VPN (Netscreen) with different source (trust) IP - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Setting up VPN (Netscreen) with different source (trust) IP - Firewalls ; I have set up a dozen VPNs but now have a new requirement, the firm we are setting the VPN up with wants our internal IPs 192.168.17.0/24 to now show up as 10.142.18.0/24 Basically sourcing all traffic as a new ...

  1. Setting up VPN (Netscreen) with different source (trust) IP

    I have set up a dozen VPNs but now have a new requirement, the firm we
    are setting the VPN up with wants our internal IPs 192.168.17.0/24 to
    now show up as 10.142.18.0/24

    Basically sourcing all traffic as a new IP. What is the keyword that
    describes what this is and can anyone point me to the right direction
    on a netscreen (in this case, a netscreen 100 firewall)?

  2. Re: Setting up VPN (Netscreen) with different source (trust) IP

    Am Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:08:19 -0700 schrieb stevehunter_1:

    > Basically sourcing all traffic as a new IP. What is the keyword that
    > describes what this is and can anyone point me to the right direction
    > on a netscreen (in this case, a netscreen 100 firewall)?

    Read 'VPN Sites with Overlapping Addresses' in volume 5, you should read
    route based tunnels either.

    cheers

+ Reply to Thread