Skype is fairly aggressive when it's looking for open outbound ports
(i.e. not limited to using 80 and 443). I'd lock the firewall down
and use a packet trace to determine its search sequence.

I suspect you could also use URI inspection. Both FW-1 and PIX/ASA
support this. You could also use a proxy. This may help work around
HTTPS.