NS 5XP - Firewalls

This is a discussion on NS 5XP - Firewalls ; dear guru, Cannot access internet out of the sudden, thinking this may be license limitation on my old NS box. 1. Does the license limitation apply to concurrent users on my old NS? 2. How can I check how many ...

  1. NS 5XP

    dear guru,
    Cannot access internet out of the sudden, thinking this may be license
    limitation on my old NS box.
    1. Does the license limitation apply to concurrent users on my old NS?
    2. How can I check how many license has been used?
    3. How can I reset the license for temporary remedy?
    thx,
    Huang

  2. Re: NS 5XP

    >Cannot access internet out of the sudden, thinking this may be license
    >limitation on my old NS box.
    >1. Does the license limitation apply to concurrent users on my old NS?
    >2. How can I check how many license has been used?
    >3. How can I reset the license for temporary remedy?

    There's no time limit on ScreenOS however there is a session
    limit (number of connections). You can "clear session" but this will
    drop everyone's connections. My guess is you have a real problem
    with your ISP.

    alan

  3. Re: NS 5XP

    >1. Does the license limitation apply to concurrent users on my old NS?
    >2. How can I check how many license has been used?
    >3. How can I reset the license for temporary remedy?

    There *is* a user count limitation.
    You can "get license" to see how many IPs your license is for.
    This box is no longer supported, if you need more capability
    you should buy an SSG-5 or SSG-20.

+ Reply to Thread