Outpost v. Windows? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Outpost v. Windows? - Firewalls ; I have been with Outpost Pro for a couple of years and is time for re-newal. I am considering dropping them and using my Windows FW on my XP w/ broadband. The last time I re-newed it turned into a ...

  1. Outpost v. Windows?

    I have been with Outpost Pro for a couple of years and is time for re-newal.
    I am considering dropping them and using my Windows FW on my XP w/
    broadband. The last time I re-newed it turned into a 2 week ordeal before it
    was installed and running correctly. I still have conflicts with updates,
    upgrades, etc. supplied by other software when they are located by O/post at
    boot. Are there any solid benefits of O/post over Win. that are worth the
    $'s each year that I'm not aware of? Thanx

  2. Re: Outpost v. Windows?

    lib wrote:
    > Are there any solid benefits of O/post over Win. that are worth the
    > $'s each year that I'm not aware of?

    No.

    cu
    59cobalt
    --Mark Russinovich

  3. Re: Outpost v. Windows?

    "lib" wrote in message
    >I have been with Outpost Pro for a couple of years and is time for
    >re-newal. I am considering dropping them and using my Windows FW on my XP
    >w/ broadband. The last time I re-newed it turned into a 2 week ordeal
    >before it was installed and running correctly. I still have conflicts with
    >updates, upgrades, etc. supplied by other software when they are located by
    >O/post at boot. Are there any solid benefits of O/post over Win. that are
    >worth the $'s each year that I'm not aware of? Thanx

    If using XP FW, just use these other tools and look around from time to time
    yourself.

+ Reply to Thread