Firts time with Zywall2 - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Firts time with Zywall2 - Firewalls ; Hi, I'm trying to do a Vpn with this scenario : Remote : dynamc ip, with the software Zyxel Ipsec Vpn Client Local : router Zyxel, Zywall2 and static ip. I follow the guide found on Zyxel web site accuratly, ...

  1. Firts time with Zywall2

    Hi,

    I'm trying to do a Vpn with this scenario :

    Remote : dynamc ip, with the software Zyxel Ipsec Vpn Client

    Local : router Zyxel, Zywall2 and static ip.

    I follow the guide found on Zyxel web site accuratly, but it doesn't work.

    But before all I have a question :

    if I put on internet explorer windows my public ip address I see the logon
    page of my Zyxel Router. So that I think that when a remote try to start the
    Vpn doesn't have the answer of firewall but the router.

    Do I have to configure the router in some way ?

    Thanx and sorry for my English.

    Billy

  2. Re: Firts time with Zywall2

    Eter@gene@ wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to do a Vpn with this scenario :
    >
    > Remote : dynamc ip, with the software Zyxel Ipsec Vpn Client
    >
    > Local : router Zyxel, Zywall2 and static ip.
    >
    > I follow the guide found on Zyxel web site accuratly, but it doesn't work.

    what doesn't work exactly - please more details.
    > But before all I have a question :
    >
    > if I put on internet explorer windows my public ip address I see the
    > logon page of my Zyxel Router. So that I think that when a remote try to
    > start the Vpn doesn't have the answer of firewall but the router.

    not necessarily, depends on your nat settings.

    but yes, the endpoint of your tunnel has to be the public IP of your firewall

    > Do I have to configure the router in some way ?

    yes :-)

    > Thanx and sorry for my English.
    >
    > Billy

+ Reply to Thread