Disconnected unexpectedly from Content Security Server - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Disconnected unexpectedly from Content Security Server - Firewalls ; Hello, We often get the error message "Disconnected unexpectedly from Content Security Server". We use "FW1 4.1 on Windows 2000 Server" together with "eSafe Gateway for CVP". I added these changes to the objects.C :http_disable_content_enc (true) :http_disable_content_type (true) :http_use_host_h_as_dst (true) ...

  1. Disconnected unexpectedly from Content Security Server

    Hello,

    We often get the error message "Disconnected unexpectedly from Content
    Security Server".

    We use "FW1 4.1 on Windows 2000 Server" together with "eSafe Gateway
    for CVP".

    I added these changes to the objects.C

    :http_disable_content_enc (true)
    :http_disable_content_type (true)
    :http_use_host_h_as_dst (true)
    :http_force_down_to_10 (true)
    :http_sup_continue (true)
    :http_avoid_keep_alive (true)
    :http_max_header_length (8000)
    :http_max_url_length (8000)
    :http_check_request_validity (false)
    :http_check_response_validity (false)
    :mdq_timeout_to_cvp (300)
    :http_cvp_allow_chunked (true)
    :http_weeding_allow_chunked (true)
    :http_block_java_allow_chunked (true)
    :http_allow_ranges (true)
    :http_buffers_size (32768)
    :http_allow_content_disposition (true)
    :http_enable_uri_queries (false)

    But it doesn't help.

    Any suggestions?

    Guido

  2. Re: Disconnected unexpectedly from Content Security Server

    I found the solution:

    The problem is an option in the FW1-configuration:

    "Return data after content is approved:
    Data is sent to the CVP server for approval. Only after all the data
    has been received and scanned is it sent back from the CVP server. The
    problem with this option is that with large files on slow links, this
    can cause the client connection with the server to take a very long
    time before any data is returned. The client may time out in this
    case."

    In FW1 NG you can change this option to "Return data before content is
    approved" to solve the problem.

    In FW1 4.1 you have to add an entry to the rops attribut in the
    objects.C file.
    :http_use_cvp_reply_safe (true)

    I could also solve the problem by changing the value of syncscan in
    the esafe.ini file from 1 to 0. This worked without changing the
    FW1-configuration.

+ Reply to Thread