Checkpoint blocking microsoft.com and msnbc.com etc - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Checkpoint blocking microsoft.com and msnbc.com etc - Firewalls ; I'm new to Checkpoint firewall. I just installed Checkpoint NG R54 on Windows 2000 server. Following is the connection. Internet -- Cisco --- Checkpoint -- Local Network Cisco does the NAT but firewall only does routing and firewall stuff. I ...

  1. Checkpoint blocking microsoft.com and msnbc.com etc

    I'm new to Checkpoint firewall.
    I just installed Checkpoint NG R54 on Windows 2000 server.
    Following is the connection.

    Internet -- Cisco --- Checkpoint -- Local Network

    Cisco does the NAT but firewall only does routing and firewall stuff.
    I can go almost all the websites except following
    1. www.microsoft.com
    2. www.msnbc.com

    Based on Ethereal on my machine,
    1. TCP 3-way handshake is completed
    2. Client sent HTTP GET (twice)
    3. microsoft.com sent back an ack ([TCP Previous segment lost] as by
    Ethereal)
    4. Client sent TCP RST
    and that was it.

    I've 2 rules
    1. source (local subnet), destination (any) accept
    2. any, any drop

    I do not see any error in SmartView tracker.

    Other than two sites that I mentioned above, I'm able to access all the
    web sites as far as I've tested.

    When I bypass Checkpoint by moving client machine directly behind the
    Cisco router, I can go to both microsoft.com and msnbc.msn.com.

    Thanks in advance ..

  2. Re: Checkpoint blocking microsoft.com and msnbc.com etc

    Hi,

    I was just wondering whether you had resolved this issue at all?
    We have recently installed 2 UTM-1 and are experiencing this exact issue.
    So far Check Point have not been able to find out the problem.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread