vpn between fw1 ng and other products - Firewalls

This is a discussion on vpn between fw1 ng and other products - Firewalls ; Hi, some month ago, I had read somewhere that to build vpn site-to-site between fw-1 ng and fw-1 4.1 or another product different from fw-1, it's mandatory to use vpn traditional mode. Is it true? Regards, Teo...

  1. vpn between fw1 ng and other products

    Hi,
    some month ago, I had read somewhere that to build vpn site-to-site
    between fw-1 ng and fw-1 4.1 or another product different from fw-1,
    it's mandatory to use vpn traditional mode. Is it true?

    Regards,

    Teo

  2. Re: vpn between fw1 ng and other products

    "matte" wrote in message
    news:316c9a76.0502090804.28b6a754@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    > some month ago, I had read somewhere that to build vpn site-to-site
    > between fw-1 ng and fw-1 4.1 or another product different from fw-1,
    > it's mandatory to use vpn traditional mode. Is it true?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Teo

    No, we have plenty using simplified mode to many different devices.

  3. Re: vpn between fw1 ng and other products

    matte wrote:
    > some month ago, I had read somewhere that to build vpn site-to-site
    > between fw-1 ng and fw-1 4.1 or another product different from fw-1,
    > it's mandatory to use vpn traditional mode. Is it true?

    I can also tell you: No, that isn't true. We have working connections to
    many different devices like Pix, Contivity a.s.o. We are working now on
    a VPN connection to a MS ISA 2004 and have some problems with it. But
    this problems are coming from the ISA server.

    Cheers,
    Thomas

    --
    Thomas Marko (CCSE, NG)

  4. Re: vpn between fw1 ng and other products

    Do you define the non-Checkpoint gateway as a Checkpoint gateway then?
    Otherwise, how do you add the non-CP gateway to the VPN community
    object?
    Thanks

    Thomas Marko wrote:

    > I can also tell you: No, that isn't true. We have working connections

    > many different devices like Pix, Contivity a.s.o. We are working now

    on
    > a VPN connection to a MS ISA 2004 and have some problems with it. But

    > this problems are coming from the ISA server.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Thomas
    >
    > --
    > Thomas Marko (CCSE, NG)

  5. Re: vpn between fw1 ng and other products

    "Dean" wrote in message
    news:1108407798.830959.170270@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Do you define the non-Checkpoint gateway as a Checkpoint gateway then?
    > Otherwise, how do you add the non-CP gateway to the VPN community
    > object?
    > Thanks

    Interoperable device

+ Reply to Thread