Failed to save the administrator's password - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Failed to save the administrator's password - Firewalls ; When I try to change the admin user's password with cpconfig, or add a new admin user, I always get the message "Failed to save the admin user's password". This is Management station for FP2, running on Windows 2000. How ...

  1. Failed to save the administrator's password

    When I try to change the admin user's password with cpconfig,
    or add a new admin user, I always get the message "Failed
    to save the admin user's password".

    This is Management station for FP2, running on Windows 2000.

    How is one supposed to change the admin user's password?

    I've looked for this error message on the web, deja, and checkpoint's
    knowledge base, and have found at least one other person with the problem,
    but no solutions.

    --
    Adam Atkinson
    ghira@mistral.co.uk

  2. Re: Failed to save the administrator's password

    Adam Atkinson wrote:
    > When I try to change the admin user's password with cpconfig,
    > or add a new admin user, I always get the message "Failed
    > to save the admin user's password".
    >
    > This is Management station for FP2, running on Windows 2000.
    >
    > How is one supposed to change the admin user's password?
    >
    > I've looked for this error message on the web, deja, and checkpoint's
    > knowledge base, and have found at least one other person with the problem,
    > but no solutions.

    Look for the Program Shortcut named CheckPoint Configuration, run it,
    and one of the tabs has account management.

  3. Re: Failed to save the administrator's password

    Don Wright wrote in message news:<1MCdnevEge-i8jPcRVn-1w@comcast.com>...

    > > When I try to change the admin user's password with cpconfig,
    > > or add a new admin user, I always get the message "Failed
    > > to save the admin user's password".
    > >
    > > This is Management station for FP2, running on Windows 2000.
    > >
    > > How is one supposed to change the admin user's password?
    > >
    > > I've looked for this error message on the web, deja, and checkpoint's
    > > knowledge base, and have found at least one other person with the problem,
    > > but no solutions.
    > >

    > Look for the Program Shortcut named CheckPoint Configuration, run it,
    > and one of the tabs has account management.

    That's what I'm running. Start/Programs/CP Mgt Clients/Checkpoint Configuration Tool
    then admin/edit/change password

+ Reply to Thread