newbie again ... want to list routing table - Firewalls

This is a discussion on newbie again ... want to list routing table - Firewalls ; Could somebody tell me about the routing table of firewall-1 ?? Do I just have to care about OS's routing table which can be displayed with "netstat" command?? Or, is there anything special for firewall-1 box?? Thanks....

  1. newbie again ... want to list routing table

    Could somebody tell me about the routing table of firewall-1 ??

    Do I just have to care about OS's routing table which can be displayed
    with "netstat" command??

    Or, is there anything special for firewall-1 box??

    Thanks.

  2. Re: newbie again ... want to list routing table

    "yk" wrote in message
    news:f7b7832b.0406081016.34fa48ad@posting.google.c om...
    > Could somebody tell me about the routing table of firewall-1 ??
    >
    > Do I just have to care about OS's routing table which can be displayed
    > with "netstat" command??
    >
    > Or, is there anything special for firewall-1 box??
    >
    > Thanks.

    The routing is done by the OS, not Firewall-1. So, just look at your OS
    routing table (route print, netstat -rn et..) and that's how traffic will be
    routed.

    Chris.

  3. Re: newbie again ... want to list routing table

    Thanks Chris,

    Now the things are getting quite clear for me ;-)

    "Chris" wrote in message news:...
    > "yk" wrote in message
    > news:f7b7832b.0406081016.34fa48ad@posting.google.c om...
    > > Could somebody tell me about the routing table of firewall-1 ??
    > >
    > > Do I just have to care about OS's routing table which can be displayed
    > > with "netstat" command??
    > >
    > > Or, is there anything special for firewall-1 box??
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > The routing is done by the OS, not Firewall-1. So, just look at your OS
    > routing table (route print, netstat -rn et..) and that's how traffic will be
    > routed.
    >
    > Chris.

+ Reply to Thread