newbie Q ... CIL avaliable?? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on newbie Q ... CIL avaliable?? - Firewalls ; Hi, I have a simple question about firewall-1. Does it have CLI ?? I have seen somebody using firewall-1 for couple of times but they all were clicking aroung on GUI. Thanks....

  1. newbie Q ... CIL avaliable??

    Hi, I have a simple question about firewall-1.

    Does it have CLI ??
    I have seen somebody using firewall-1 for couple of times
    but they all were clicking aroung on GUI.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: newbie Q ... CIL avaliable??

    "yk" wrote in message
    news:f7b7832b.0406010713.a531307@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi, I have a simple question about firewall-1.
    >
    > Does it have CLI ??
    > I have seen somebody using firewall-1 for couple of times
    > but they all were clicking aroung on GUI.
    >
    > Thanks.

    CheckPoint Firewall-1 configuration is done mainly through a GUI but there
    are CLI options for managing the firewall.

    Chris.

  3. Re: newbie Q ... CIL avaliable??

    Thank for your followup, Chris.

    Is it possible to dump configuration with CLI?
    I mean something like "show config" of cisco IOS.

    There is a remote firewall which I would like to discuss about
    it's configuration but the operator of the firewall says it's not
    possible to give me full configuration information.

    So, I want something like "show config", which I beleive there should be.

    "Chris" wrote in message news:...
    > "yk" wrote in message
    > news:f7b7832b.0406010713.a531307@posting.google.co m...
    > > Hi, I have a simple question about firewall-1.
    > >
    > > Does it have CLI ??
    > > I have seen somebody using firewall-1 for couple of times
    > > but they all were clicking aroung on GUI.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > CheckPoint Firewall-1 configuration is done mainly through a GUI but there
    > are CLI options for managing the firewall.
    >
    > Chris.

  4. Re: newbie Q ... CIL avaliable??

    "yk" wrote in message
    news:f7b7832b.0406020617.6009b1e6@posting.google.c om...
    > Thank for your followup, Chris.
    >
    > Is it possible to dump configuration with CLI?
    > I mean something like "show config" of cisco IOS.
    >
    > There is a remote firewall which I would like to discuss about
    > it's configuration but the operator of the firewall says it's not
    > possible to give me full configuration information.
    >
    > So, I want something like "show config", which I beleive there should be.

    There's nothing that would be easy to understand. You can run a cpinfo
    program that outputs a text file but it's very long and complicated and
    normally only used for troubleshooting when you log a call with CheckPoint
    or a reseller as there is a tool available for extracing info from the
    output file.

    Really, you need the GUI management software to look at the security policy.

    Chris.

  5. Re: newbie Q ... CIL avaliable??

    On 2 Jun 2004 07:17:05 -0700, news@yk.tp (yk) wrote:

    >Thank for your followup, Chris.
    >
    >Is it possible to dump configuration with CLI?
    >I mean something like "show config" of cisco IOS.
    >
    >There is a remote firewall which I would like to discuss about
    >it's configuration but the operator of the firewall says it's not
    >possible to give me full configuration information.
    >
    >So, I want something like "show config", which I beleive there should be.

    If you get the rulebase (something.W) and the objects.C (or
    objects_5_0.C) you can use FW1rules
    (http://www.wyae.de/software/fw1rules/). There are some other tools
    that can be found there as well.

    -D

  6. Re: newbie Q ... CIL avaliable??

    Thanks Dyfed and sorry for late followup.

    I just tried on fw1rules and it seems working just fine.
    I have not yet asked remote operator to try cpinfo which Chris
    told me...

    Anyhow, Thanks again and I report everybody this fw1rules is fine!

    Dyfed wrote in message news:<8sbub092e7c20st5b27j36nt76rotejn5u@4ax.com>...
    > On 2 Jun 2004 07:17:05 -0700, news@yk.tp (yk) wrote:
    >
    > >Thank for your followup, Chris.
    > >
    > >Is it possible to dump configuration with CLI?
    > >I mean something like "show config" of cisco IOS.
    > >
    > >There is a remote firewall which I would like to discuss about
    > >it's configuration but the operator of the firewall says it's not
    > >possible to give me full configuration information.
    > >
    > >So, I want something like "show config", which I beleive there should be.
    > >

    > If you get the rulebase (something.W) and the objects.C (or
    > objects_5_0.C) you can use FW1rules
    > (http://www.wyae.de/software/fw1rules/). There are some other tools
    > that can be found there as well.
    >
    > -D