CP NG AI R55 - dynamic external IP - Firewalls

This is a discussion on CP NG AI R55 - dynamic external IP - Firewalls ; Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation for the following? I am running R55 on Win2003. I have three workstations that need internet access. I have one IIS box and of course the firewall. I am connected to ...

  1. CP NG AI R55 - dynamic external IP

    Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation for the following? I
    am running R55 on Win2003. I have three workstations that need internet
    access. I have one IIS box and of course the firewall. I am connected to
    the internet via cable modem. The extenal IP is obtained via DHCP. It is
    fairly static but certainly subject to change. The internal IP is static.
    (two NICs total). I currently have the firewall running and performing
    adequately. However, it is configured as though the external IP is static.
    I am looking for help on accomplishing this task.

    I am fairly new to firewalls from a technical perspective (I'm an IT
    manager) so this is a daunting task at this point. I'm taking this as an
    opportunity to dig in and learn more about CP. So far so good. I managed
    to get CP up and running and serving my needs. My hurdle now is the dynamic
    external IP. I hope I have provided enough info for someone to point me in
    the right direction.

    thanks in advance.
    Brad

  2. Re: CP NG AI R55 - dynamic external IP

    I actually am seeking information, is R55 supported on Windows 2003? I know
    it wasn't on R54.

    "BB" wrote in message
    news:GWc1c.105436$Qg7.31575@news04.bloor.is.net.ca ble.rogers.com...
    > Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation for the following?

    > am running R55 on Win2003. I have three workstations that need internet
    > access. I have one IIS box and of course the firewall. I am connected to
    > the internet via cable modem. The extenal IP is obtained via DHCP. It is
    > fairly static but certainly subject to change. The internal IP is static.
    > (two NICs total). I currently have the firewall running and performing
    > adequately. However, it is configured as though the external IP is

    static.
    > I am looking for help on accomplishing this task.
    >
    > I am fairly new to firewalls from a technical perspective (I'm an IT
    > manager) so this is a daunting task at this point. I'm taking this as an
    > opportunity to dig in and learn more about CP. So far so good. I managed
    > to get CP up and running and serving my needs. My hurdle now is the

    dynamic
    > external IP. I hope I have provided enough info for someone to point me

    in
    > the right direction.
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    > Brad

    ---

  3. Re: CP NG AI R55 - dynamic external IP

    > I actually am seeking information, is R55 supported on Windows 2003? I
    know
    > it wasn't on R54.

    Its officially supported. If you have a software subscription just login
    and
    you'll see Win2003 Server listed as one of the supported OS for R55.

    > > to get CP up and running and serving my needs. My hurdle now is the

    > dynamic
    > > external IP. I hope I have provided enough info for someone to point me

    Brad,
    Hmm... I suppose you're running your R55 box on 15-day-trial mode?
    With a dynamic external IP, I cannot think of an elegant way of licensing
    your gateway (in local or central licensing modes). Sorry...

    ----
    VL
    CCSE (NG)

+ Reply to Thread