--===============0687269544==

--0-704481435-1189353894=:87846

Greetings-
I have some questions regarding firewall testing:
1- Seems I am losing some syslog messages. I have kiwi on a xp pc, and most of time it is running at 100% so I know it is running full speed, and it is overloaded. My Goal is to capture the critical messages, and I am thinking of rate-limiting the other categories which I do not care about in hope to see the more critical messages. Any other suggestions?

2- I do have a good paper about capacity and througput testing of the firewall I am using, but it uses a commercial product. I love to see some papers about how folks use nmap, or nessus to test different aspects, like session ramp rate, max connections, max concurrent connections, embryonic limit, and other features a firwall admin should test?

--0-704481435-1189353894=:87846

Greetings-
    I have some questions regarding firewall testing:
1-  Seems I am losing some syslog messages.  I have kiwi on a xp pc, and most of time it is running at 100% so I know it is running full speed, and it is overloaded. My Goal is to capture the critical messages, and I am thinking of rate-limiting the other categories which I do not care about in hope to see the more critical messages.  Any other suggestions?

2-  I do have a good paper about capacity and througput testing of the firewall I am using, but it uses a commercial product.  I love to see some papers about how folks use nmap, or nessus to test different aspects, like session ramp rate, max connections, max concurrent connections, embryonic limit, and other features a firwall admin should test?

Ready for the edge of your seat?

--0-704481435-1189353894=:87846--