Situation in the case is that we're implementing equipment that uses
multicast to talk between multiple instances of themselves - I'm not
clear yet whether there'll be a designated talker with multiple
listeners, or whether there'll be multiple talkers and multiple
listeners.

I'm reading the doco now - thanks for the tip. This should provide me
with a running start.

I'll be interested in finding out whether I can use a layer3 switch at
each end to do this, or if I need edge routers to set this up.

Kurt