From: firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@listserv.icsalabs.com] On Behalf Of
Craig Van Tassle
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:08 PM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Forcing All Web traffice thew a remote proxy.

That is the plan we are going to move to eventually, but for now its
manualy set
threw a the group policy.

Let me give you a little bit more of a layout.

site1-<>vpn<>internet<>main office
site2-<>vpn<>internet<>-^
site3-<>vpn<>internet<>-^

As you can see, we don't have a single Internet Firewall, if it was all
in one
location then yea that would be easy to do, but we are split up across
multiple
locations.
Behm, Jeffrey L. wrote:
> For one client of ours, we blocked all outbound port 80 traffic at the
> Internet firewall (with some exceptions, as usual!), and then use an
> "automatic configuration script" that is on the HTTP proxy. When the
> browser fires up on the end-user PC, it first contacts the proxy

server
> to retrieve the .pac file (auto config script), and based on where it

is
> headed and/or where it came from, it is directed to one of three HTTP
> proxy servers. Using the auto config script allows us to centrally
> manage where PC's go for web surfing(via changes to the .pac file).

It's

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...rv/reskit/ierk
> /Ch21_b.mspx?mfr=true
> It talks about using Automatic Configuration and Automatic Proxy. We

are
> using the latter only. The proxy you are directed to does not *have*

> be a Microsoft proxy. We have some traffic head to a squid proxy on a
> Solaris machine(long story).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jeff

remote
> proxy at
> one site. I was thinking of setting up some form of NAT rules for
> pushing
> everything thew our proxy.
>
> How would something like that be implimented? Or what are other

thoughs?