-----Original Message-----
Subject: [fw-wiz] PIX Failover & Other Queries

> Is it possible to have to firewalls in a failover set failover as normal,

but have the failover Pix have
> a different outside IP address?

No.

> What about upgrading the licence from FO to UR - would that allow it?

No.

> The best possible solution I've managed to come up with so far, is to have

two routers (or L3 switches)
> - just outside each of the Pix's - configured for HSRP. If the main link

goes down, what I would like to
> happen is for the other router to take over via HSRP, and for the firewall

pair to failover to the
> backup. Does that sound feasible?

This is probably your best option. Whether you use OSPF and HSRP between
the routers or go to BGP to load-share across the two connections, using
routers outside the PIX's is the best way to get redundant paths with
different IP addresses.

PaulM